MQS Award Winners

I just saw this on another chat group. Is this "our" Birgitquilts from Germany who is a winner?

Best in show: Sharon Schamber/Scarlet Serenade

Solitare: Renae Haddadin/Radiance of the Son

Rookie of the Year: Birget Schueller/Trinity

Theme

1st: Marilyn Badger/Floradora

2nd: Janet Fogg/Family Tree

3rd: Cathy Franks/Off to the Ball

Innovative Custom

1st: Marilyn Badger/Yellow Bird

2nd: Janet Fogg/Pineapple Rings

3rd: Marthe Cox/Fiesta Del Sol

Traditional Custom

1st: Ronda Beyer/ It Ain't Easy Being Green? or was it Key Lime Pie?

2nd: Ronda Beyer/Roberth Callahan's BOM

3rd: Vickie Yanik/Poppy Baskets

Art/Pictorial

1st: Janet Fogg/Kitty Corner

2nd:Gina Perkes/Complementary

3rd: Irena Bluhm/Morning Glory

Whole Cloth Traditional

1st: Tammy Finkler/Pearls From Grandma

2nd:Lynn McCartney/Vase of Feathers

Whole Cloth Innovative

1st IRENA BLUHM/HUMMINGBIRD

2nd: Judy Woodworth/Royal Purple Passion

Don't hold me to any of these as gospel. I think I wrote them down correctly. Someone please carry on. My fingers are tired!

Congratulations to all winners.

Hi Sue,

Thank you so much for posting this list.

Yes, it's me and it's great to see this fact in writing, too.

I had a call from Annette on my answering machine this morning announcing the amazing news, and Jim L. already sent a U2U, too!

I am excited beyond imagination...

Birgit

P.S.: Congratulations to Marilyn Badger and Irena Bluhm, too!!! Great job!

Congratulations Birgit and to all the winners. I can only imagine the excitement, inspiration and fun being experienced by those attended MQS right now . . while the rest of us are back home working! :(

Birgit, you'll have many more ribbons/awards I'm sure. Thanks so much for sharing your work with us here on the message board.

I just copied this off of the MQP board. This is supposed to be the complete list of winners. I have no way of knowing this for sure, but thought you would all be interested in it. Don't know if you all have seen a complete list of the winners, but here it is. I noticed Myrna Ficken is listed here. Once again, congratulations to all the winners! - - - - - - - - - Honorable Mention 1. ?Morning Glory? By M. Gayle Wallace 2. ?Windswept Radiance? By Janet Sturdevant Stuart 3. ?Copper Lust? By Megan Best 4. ?Uffda? By Karen Bludorn 5. ?Incredible Indigo?s? By (name removed) 6. ?Key Lime Pie? By Ronda K. Beyer 7. ?Mary?s Inspiration? By Pat Roche Pieced by Mary Campbell 8. ?Tux the Penguin? By Janet Fogg Dancin? Threads 3. ?Angel in My Garden? By Judy Woodworth 2. ?Super Sailor Chibi Moon? By Kay Kimball 1. ?Dance of the Wolf Moon? By Bonnie Rhoby SewBatik Challenge 1. ?Party of Three? by Norma J. Riehm Miscellaneous 3. ?Pegasus? By Cathy Franks 2. ?Tool of the Trade: Freddie? By Nichole Webb 1. ?Raindrops on my Hibiscus? By Janet Fogg Overall 3. ?Everything But the Kitchen Sink? By Brenda Wilder Pieced by Carole Wilder 2. ?Townsend Square? By Linda M. Thielfoldt 1. ?Justina?s Blooming Nine Patch? By Nichole Webb Pieced by Justina DeVries Computer Guided 3. ?While Tom Slept? By Pat Roche 2. ?Tambourine Vineyard? By Dawn Cheetham 1. ?Something Red? By Tammy Finkler Bread and Butter 3. ?April Showers Bring May Flowers? By Marcia Bowen Pieced by Betsy Campbell 2. ?Churn Dash Sampler? By Suzanne Earley 1. ?Cleveland? By Judy Woodworth Pieced by Mary Sue Suit Tools of the Trade 3. ?Breakfast Club? By Sandra Reed 2. ?Caliente? By Lori Gailey Pieced by Ann Richardson 1. ?Cactus Rose? By Myrna Ficken Pieced by Marilyn Badger Wearable Runway 2. Story Tellers Robe by Judy Woodworth 1. Sophisticated Lady by Marilyn Badger Wearable Everyday 2. ?Lime Swirls? By Vicky Lawrence 1. ?Dreams Do Come True? By Linda M. Thielfoldt Wall 3. Fronds by Doris Goins 2. ?Where the Fishes Go?? By Caron Carlson 1. ?Housewarming? By Gina Perkes Whole Cloth Innovative 2. ?Royal Purple Passion? By Judy Woodworth 1. ?Hummingbird? By Irena Bluhm Whole Cloth Traditional 2. ?Vase of Feathers? By Lynn McCartney 1. ?Pearls From Grandma? By Tammy Finkler Art/Pictorial 3. ?Morning Glory? By Irena Bluhm 2. ?Complementary? By Gina Perkes 1. ?Kitty Corner? By Janet Fogg Traditional Custom 3. ?Poppy Baskets? By Vickie Yanik Pieced by Marlies Brandt 2. ?Robert Callahan?s Block of the Month? By Ronda K. Beyer Pieced by Geri Dreiling 1. ?It Ain?t Easy Being Green? By Ronda K. Beyer Innovative Custom 3. ?Fiesta Del Sol? By Marthe Cox Pieced by Lynn Wiegers 2. ?Pineapple Rings? By Janet Fogg 1. ?Yellow Bird? By Marilyn Badger Pieced by Claudia Clark Myers Theme 3. ?Off to the Ball? By Cathy Franks 2. ?Family Tree? By Janet Fogg Pieced by Janet Fogg and Lynda Catlin 1. ?Floradora? by Marilyn Badger & Claudia Clark Myers Rookie of the Year 1. ?Trinity? by Birgit Schueller Solitaire 1. ?Radiance of the Son? by Renae Haddadin Best of Show 1. ?Scarlet Serenade? by Sharon Schamber

Wow ! I wish I could have been there - SO glad you posted the list! Now I

just want to see photos of these winning quilts! They sound lovely just by

the names - and I'm sure they are - after all - they are AWARD-Winning!

Is there a site or place to see the winning quilts?

Congratulations to every one of you! Oh, the inspritation! I

hope..... maybe..... someday! (P...P...P...:D)

Well, I am pleased and honored to be among the winners, and I can tell you I took a TON of pics. I will make an album in my webshots when I get back and share with you all. It truly was a big surprise to me, as the competition is as intense as any I've seen. My girlfriend had to push me out of my chair, I was so stunned. I just sat there with my mouth open, saying NO! NO! NO! She yelled at me "GET UP-THERE'S MONEY INVOLVED!!!"

....just arrived to Krefeld in Germany!

Soooo tired, soooo excited, sooooo happy, soooo proud:D:cool:

It was absolutely wooooooonderful to meet you all at MQS, to see those wonderful quilts, to talk to you as members of the best family of the world- the longarmers!:D

I hug and kiss you all and I miss you already!;)

It was a greaaaaaaaaat time - I enjoyed every minute!

I hope to see a lot of pictures asap.....but my computer doesn?t accept my flash card anymore - whyever!:o

Ok.....now I?ll take off my suitcases (one more than last week;) )

and put the ribbons on the quilts again!

Hope to see you soon again.....

Best wishes from over the ocean!

Claudia

It's good to see you back home in one piece.

I can't wait to see pictures and to get an eyewitness report. But first, you better get some sleep and try to readjust your internal clock.

But after you've settled again, I'll want to know every detail of your adventure ;)

I better get back to work.

See you soon (and hopefully talk to you even sooner...)

Birgit

Thanks a lot, Claudia, for squeezing my quilt in your luggage.

No, you don't have to mail anything. I'll take it next week.

BTW, you are welcome to hang my quilt in your showroom for the Open House event - provided there's room, that is...

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Birgit

Hi!

I?m so glad and thankful I had the opportunity to be present again!

We can?t describe how much fun it was. I couldn?t get tired to admire all these wonderful quilts and I felt really sad on saturday when I left the convention center....

Congratulations to all entries, with or without ribbon!

Now we are back to work, inspired to quilt even more wonderful quilts.

A lot of quiltingfun to everybody!

Annette

Yes, It was a great show... and I bit the bullet and bought a Compu Quilter to add to my Millie.....I can't wait to get it... Should have it when I have a week of vacation in June... I am so .o.o. excited....

Can't wait to see all the neat things it can do...

Quilting in Iowa..........Barb

Archived