Patchwork in Egypt

This is me managing to do some patchwork whilst sitting in the middle of the monument that was built to commemorate the building of the Aswan Dam.

There were quilting and patchwork patterns everywhere. DH became very good at spotting then and taking a photo even before I had asked.

PA081243.jpg

Here i am pictured in front of The Solar Boat at the Pyramids at Giza near Cairo

PA131586.jpg

I even managed to find a shop selling Egyptian cotton which I just had to buy. I was helping the local economy!!!!

Linzi & Kath,

I did send postcards which I wrote whilst transiting the Nile in a steam driven ship. As usual they will arrive sometime in the future!

Oooh I would love to some day visit Egypt and the pyramids. Yes, the old arcitecture has some lovely designs to inspire us with quilting. :)

When the Olympics were in Greece, A friend of mine who lives here in Alaska brought her teenage daughters to see the games, and while down in the area, they visited several countries around the Mediterranean; and especially has fond memories of Egypt and said that everyone (perfect strangers on the street) was very friendly and even welcomed them into their homes to eat and visit with their families. This past May I was at MQS in Kansas City and there I met an Egyptian woman named Dr. Hanaa Karim (she is a Radiologist when she isn't longarm quilting on her Millennium) she was in several classes with me so I got to chat with Hanaa a bit. I have her business card right by my computer so I am reminded of Hanaa often.

Glad you had a fun time, Tracy.

You are looking great Tracy, Good to see you at last:D

Yes the weather down here in Darlington is wet and windy too, UGG. and with the clocks going back and dark nights coming in, it does feel like winter is coming fast.

Would love to see more of your hoilday photo's !!!! pretty please. :D

Archived