classic weave by Kathy James

Haven't done this panto, but I would think if it wasn't perfect and it was on a printed fabric you really wouldn't see your bobbles, however if you were trying to do it on a solid fabric you will see every mistake and it won't looke good....but a printed fabric front and back would hide some of your wobble booboos.... however it is pretty.

I've only done stencil basket weaves and that is done more with a ruler, a panto weave you will need to be pretty steady with your hand to make it look nice.

I try to avoid pantos like this one because you have to stay on the line perfectly all of the time, there is no room for mistakes and would show every little wobble and inconsitency.

My favorite pantos are those that are full of curves and are slightly slanted and are interlocking (simiular to the slant of cursive handwritting). Have tried pantos in the past that are vertical or specific grid like this one and they never look nice stitched out for me.

Good luck if you choose to go ahead and try though.

I just did this panto. You are all right. It is a bear to stay on the lines and it really isn't that fabulous looking. I did it on a bedspread a lady gave me made out of HEAVY decorator fabric top and back. Done it must have weighed 25 lbs. Was a good choice for it but she said she spent $500 on the fabric. I would have gone to Macey's or somewhere and bought a finished one.

Archived