Fiberco Poly Perfect

I have recently purchased Poly Perfect batting from Fiberco. I am on my second row of quilting and have noticed that the batting is bearding to the top of the quilt. Has anyone tried this batting and if so with what results?

Any ideas as to how I can stop the bearding?

I have always used The Warm Companies Soft and Bright without any problems. Their loft is 1/8". Fiberco's batting has a slightly lower (3/32 ) loft than the Warm Co.

Poly Perfect is needlepunched with polypropylene scrim so am surprised that it is bearding. I thought scrim was suppose to stop the bearding.

Thanks for your input.

Carol from Amarillo

APQS Millie with CompuQuilter

:D:D:D Not laughing at you or your problem. It just seems so ironic to me. I recently used Soft and Bright on a quilt and it bearded a great deal. It was a mess and I finally used a sweater shaver to remove as much as possible and vowed to never use the batting again. I've had no experience with Fiberco battings so can't help you there. If you have gotten only 2 rows of quilting done perhaps you might frog and use a different batting. I'm not sure you can ever eliminate the bearding once it has occurred. Good luck, and let us know your solution.

I would do like Carmen suggested.

I tried all popular battings longarmers use (in my own personal quilts) before I use them on my customers and that really helped me understand the characteristics of any particular Batting Brand. Never heard Fiberco before.

Corey

Archived