A & E 40 TEX thread - - Thanks Bonnie!!

I need thread!!!! Out of Mother Goose!!!! Yeicks! In search of A & E PermaCore Tex 40......

Here's the deal - I have some 30 Tex on order with Kingmen Quilting Supply........ (backordered along with my white and black)

I also ordered 2 weeks ago from Cranberry Quiltworks - - they seem to have a problem calling me back. Can not even FIND my order.....gggrrrrr...... Could they at least CALL me and tell me they lost it??? Please?!?!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am willing to make do with 30 TEX (if I must) but I really do like 40 TEX and it runs great! I do use other kinds for certain quilts and such (ie. Bottom Line and so forth)

I have one row left to do in this quilt that I really had hoped to have "just enough" left on my cone..... :(:(:( I went as far as I could, doing all other quilting and colors. I have it folded-up with the zippers on it - - waiting..... I have searched the web, called other places, can not find 40 TEX anywhere!

Somebody have some they want to sell???? Especially mother goose - I have 4 more quilts in line waiting for that color - or was it 5 or 6.......

I sent them an email last night, sure they were closed already, but I received a phone call bright and early this morning around 8:00 a.m. - love fast service!

Such a sweet lady to talk too, and they had almost all of the colors I wanted IN STOCK and in the 40 weight TEX, I am going to try out the 30 TEX for the few they didn't have.

Better price - MUCH Better Service!!!! AND my order SHIPPED TODAY!!!!!

I'm SO happy - yes I'm happy - doing the Happy dance!!!

O.K. I am done now - Just wanted to tell Bonnie again - Thank-you!

(now I am off to email this website address to a friend of mine too)

So Fine....verses PermaCore 40 TX are day and night....

So Fine is just that its a VERY thin and fine thread where PermaCore is a thicker poly wrapped cotton thread...very durable and hard to break.

A great thread if you want to SEE your threads and showcase that part. So Fine buries into the material where you can't really see it, and you can backtrack on it and you don't see that as much. Where with Permacord if you backtrack onto yourself several times, it gets very thready..... Its a preference that some of us have to really see the threads and ME personally I use So Fine mainly for SID or work I will be backtracking on A LOT.

A lot of people use it for Edge 2 Edge and all over meander, loopy leaf, or something open.

I use tons of PermaCore....as that is the thread I like best for all kinds of work. It wears well, have never had a problem with it cutting the material and I love the antique look it give quilts

If you can't find PermaCore in your area, get some Signature thread (it comes in solids as well as varigated)....its made my the same company, looks very much like PermaCore, but isn't a Poly-cotton, this way you can see the difference, and there is a huge difference in how it lays on the quilt and how its used. You can use it for work that you backtrack on, but its very thick and not everyone likes that.

I agree Bonnie - the PermaCore I am getting is all Poly, it is very-very strong. This just happens to be the thread I learned the machine on. I know the feel of it and can just tweek the tension right to that "sweet spot" - works great every time!!!

And at around 7 bucks for a 6,000 yard cone - can't be beat!!!

Oh - you should see the quilt I am working on right now.... Attic Windows. I am doing just one direction 45-degree slanted lines in the blocks. It is mostly bright batik fabrics and I am able to use all of those bright thread colors I LOVE and just HAD to buy!! Bright Orange, Pink, Purple, green and such. I will have to post photos after I get it done.

So nice to swap between colors / cones of all the same kind of thread - all 40 TEX - and the tension STAYS right on the money - LOVE that!!!

Archived