MQS 2010 - classes posted online 11-16-09

Koala-T

I was about to shut down the computer for tonight but before I did I refreshed the MQS 2010 page. Whoo Hoo, the class schedules have been posted! It says the catalogs were mailed out 11-13. I've printed out the class schedule and am going to take it to bed for some reading. Maybe I will dream fun LA quilting tonight. LOL

Thought I would share this info since it was discussed in a topic earlier today.

What I noticed is that most classes are a one time thing, only a few will repeat. Oh, dear, I wish there were at least 3 of me so I could do the ones that would overlap. I will be sorting them by 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices I guess. I do know there are at least 3 that I feel I have to take! I'm drooling here!!!! LOL This will be my first MQS, so I'm really excited!! My room reservations have been made since Sept. LOL I'm thinking I need to add one more night. A LA friend and I are going and she said to add it. Ü

Kelly,

A word to the wise from my first time experience, be sure to schedule some down time. It's really tempting to take as many classes as you can. Without knowing it though, you'll be pushing yourself if you take classes all day long without a break; especially if you're schedule all day or half day stand up classes. The lecture classes are easier because you can sit down for a couple of hours. But, have fun and soak up all the info! See ya there!

Right on with the issue of NOT overbooking yourself with classes. You will be brain dead at the end of the day and not remember 1/2 of what happened in your last class of the day!:(

Another EXCELLENT chance for a learning experience is to leave at least a couple of hours to work as a volunteer at MQS. We could not have such an awesome presentation if it were not for our volunteer staff. My choice is the Receiving and Judging Room but I really am a little partial there. I get to see every quilt close up that comes into the building!

Contact Jackie Lathem if you want more information about being a volunteer.

MQS is in Overland Park, KS (Kansas City area). Here's the web site where you can download and/or print the entire catalog:

http://www.imqa.org/MQSHome.htm

I went last year (in May) for one day only. It was the first time I had been there, mostly walked around in a daze since longarming was new to me. Beautiful quilts and great vendors. I can't speak for the classes because I didn't take any, however I have printed out the class schedule and am going through it to choose classes for this year. I'm planning to go for several days and am looking forwrd to it.

Thank you Barb and Janet. I have thought to mixing up hands on and lectures to give the body a break. I will be bringing my back support as well. Ü I've been making my selections and there are 2 classes I feel are must haves to take. There is another one, but it overlaps one of my must haves, darn it. I guess I'll have to go again next year. LOL I applied for a grant and am waiting to hear if I'm awarded one. I'm planning on taking classes/lectures from Mon-Fri and leaving Saturday open to enjoy what I missed during the week.

Archived