NQR Next round of winds on the way

Well the next round of winds has started to pick up. I have many many windows in my second story studio and am really exposed to the winds. The windows really start rippling.

We had 80 and 90 MPH winds two nights ago and actually didn't lose power too much. We are expecting the same tonight hopefully the power will hold out again so I can continue to hunker in and quilt and just watch it go by.

Luckily other than a few limbs down and part of the back fence leaning, no damage so far.

Linda, do you have backup power for your Millennium when the power goes? We had really strong winds and rain last night and apparently are supposed to have even worse ones on Friday. I love being inside and listening to the storm while sitting by the fire all toasty--especially if we've brought the horses in the barn so they're dry too.

Stay safe!

Thank you everyone, so far so good.

No Dory I don't have back up power for my Millie. I usually just unplug her in case the power flickers. We have surge protection wired into the whole house and individual surge protecters on all electronics so they do fine.

Two years ago we were without power for 7 days and have since bought a generator. Haven't had to use it yet and hope we don't but we don't want to lose everything in the frig and freezer again.

We are prepared and will just ride it out. Ahh life on the beach. Has it's ups and downs but mostly ups. These are pretty unusual weather times for us.

I am supposed to go the Vancouver tomorrow to a Quilt and Sew Festival. I'll be really torqued if this impedes that at all.

Thank you again and I hope all you expecting interesting weather stay safe and warm.

One thing about it - you have one of the best studios and watching the storms on the coast can be fun. Our house in Gearhart creaks like crazy when the storms hit!!! I swear there are ghosts in that place. Even worse, my folks switched the fireplace from good old fashioned wood to gas - just not the same! Stay warm and safe. If you can't quilt - cut up another one of your gorgeous quilts!!!

Hi all,

All is well here. Made it to the quilt festival and had a great time, spent way too much. I'll just have to lop someone off the Christmas list, lol.

Next wave of winds is just starting to kick up but so far so good so should weather this one fine. I hate to think what these storms will be like when they hit you guys east. Take care.

Thanks for you thoughts.

Hey Boni,

Well I bought a beautiful pack of Handpainted Batiks for a New York Beauty type quilt called Lady Liberty goes to Hawaii. I also bought a great set of gadgets for a fun looking technique from Quilters Haven called Less Than Traditional. We sat in on a very good demo for this. And a of course a few patterns etc.

I've never gone to one of these shows, it was fun. It is at the Clark Co. Fair Grounds thru tomorrow.

Hi Lynda.......we're getting your wind over here in central Oregon now.....what's happening down in Seaside now???

BATIKS????? We love batiks....I just finished piecing a batik quilt, a delectable mountains quilt, when I get it quilted we'll do a show'n'tell here.....

Keep dry down there Lynda.....;)

Archived