Breast Cancer Awareness +Credit

Hey Check this out. They used the Center of the Breast Cancer Awareness quilt, with gave me credit, and linked highlighted to my website. They also linked to about quilting, which has the center, full shot, and one of my mom and I and the ribbon quilt I did. Yippee. Published

PS. I told dad that mom was on the internet and she could call for details, she liked the information.

--

Debbie Rolek

Piecer and Quilter 4U

d.rolek@mchsi.com

http://community.webshots.com/user/debbierealquilts

Debbie,

Thanks so much for the permission to use that image, it now appears on the About.com site for Breast Cancer:

http://breastcancer.about.com/b/a/214785.htm

with a credit to your name, and a link to your website.

Keep on quilting for the cure!

Cheers,

- Pam Stephan, Breast Cancer Guide

Yea, I was yelled at at MQS, as I made a personalized, mini nametag. They yelled, its the boob lady. By the way, they are all traupunto'd. They said in the judging at MQS, because of the traupunto, they were checking for fullness, and someone in the back of the room yelled "check the right!" It does hang in my kitchen so makes me and many people smile.

Debbie (aka the chocolate boob lady)

PS. At MQX, Janet-Lee said some saw the quilt but missed the 95 pairs of boobs hanging around. There are 100 total.

Very Nice... I am in the process of making another Breast Cancer quilt for the Carroll, Iowa Relay for Life, organization. I have taken all of the T-shirts and cut them up into different sizes and sashed it with brights pink print. It is great.....I am going to take it to the UPS Center in Denison, Iowa next week and present to the one gal that has survived Breast Cancer and the entire delivery driver group. She is the one I made it for and she is going to share it with Carroll, Relay for LIfe group.

Barb in Iowa

Debbie, I loved your quilt. Very clever & with enough humor to still get the message out there.

Barb, I'd love to see a photo of your quilt. Please share.

I'm thinking of doing a quilt for Relay for Life next year (too late for this) & need to start getting ideas.

Thanks.

Pat

AZ:cool:

Mille

Thanks for saying you liked it. Yes, I had hoped that it would be enough humor to make the reminder hit home and be talked about. It was in quilt shows (MQX and MQS) against traditional quilts. But with 100 pairs of boobs haning around, I have not heard one negative thing.

My teens volunteered (joking) to go break some kneecaps for not getting a ribbon. I was impressed that he liked it so much, they don't have alot of interest in the quilts unless they get them. I wish I would have spent as much time piecing and quilting as I did with the handwork, then it would have had a better chance. Just for your information. I am not a handwork kind of girl....lol

I can only hope that in the future, Shows would have an education/humor catagory. That would make an interesting show, and bring out creativity.

Debbie Rolek

Debbie -

I like the idea of humor catagory - that would be something to see! I have

a couple of ideas in the works. They would probably "jump away" from all

of the usual traditional quilts/patterns.

Love your quilt and the "Quilting of the boobs!" how funny and it fits too!

100 pairs - thats a bunch and then some!

I will try to post a picture. I presented the quilt today in Denison, Iowa to the Delivery Drivers at UPS and to Cyndi Hermansen, a UPS driver who survived breast cancer.

It was a great success, and everyone loved it.

The label on the back of the quilt said:

Relay for Life

In Honor of

Cyndi Hermansen

for her fight and

victory over

Breast Cancer.

We had the Carroll, Iowa Relay for Life President there also.

It was Great. I will try to post the picture.

Thanks for putting the effort into helping someone that has won the battle of a nasty disease. I would love to see a picture.

I went for my annual mammogram and proudly wore my "They are only Boobs until you lose them" t-shirt transfer. Sure made the ladies smile.

Debbie

Archived