NQR - It's Thursday - prayers need again pg 2

Well Maddie is here and it was a rougher transition tonight than last week but it didn't last but a second. She came right to me and daddy was running late so there wasn't time to get adjusted. I had gotten her a new carseat and I think that scared her. She cried for a couple of seconds when I put her into her seat and I felt so bad. I sat with her and she calmed right down. Daddy had woken her up getting her out of the car. She must not have had her nap. She is really tired. She is eating her gold fish and got her chair out so she is now a happy camper! She even gave me a big kiss! I think we'll have another good weekend.

OK guys here is your giggle for the night! I'll show my age here but when my kids were little there was no such thing as a baby monitor. My neighbor loaned me one and boy did I get ripped off! LOL I just tucked little Maddie down and she is so good about going to bed. I have a doll in her bed that winds up and sings "you are my sunshine" and then of course we have to have our kisses goodnight. I came downstairs and got to listen to her talking to her dolly! Oh how cute it was. She was telling her where her hand, tummy and shirt was and then she told her she was her mommy. I just had the best time listening to her. Then there were some yawns and off to sleep she was! Boy I love these baby monitors!

Originally posted by quiltmonkey

Originally posted by hmerrill

....Boy I love these baby monitors!

Do they make these monitors for husbands, too? :cool:

Shana now if hubby is talking to his baby then I'm afraid you have bigger problems :P:P:P:P! Seriously though we used one of these for my grandfather to hear him in the night too. I used to stand at my kids door trying to hear what they were babbling about and now it is as if you are right there in the room.

Yes I'm afraid I'm already attached which I knew would happen so quickly. Scares me to think to hard about that. I'm just going to enjoy having her for now!

Heidi

I am tearing up reading your posts about your little niece. Loving children is one of our most important jobs, don't you think? Our daughter is 26 and our son 23 and I still look back on the times when they were little and smile and sometimes cry a bit at how fast they grew up. I am not pressuring either of them but I will be over the moon when the grandies start to arrive. Daughter is sure she wants one in the next 3 years. ( after she gets married, time of which is not yet official). Have a wonderful warm weekend.

Sylvia FC

I've had a few ask how the weekend went so here you go. It was great, except that Maddie is now very comfortable at my house and decided yesterday that she would in fact be a 2 year old! LOL she is stubborn! She learned I don't cave so easily and decided that she wasn't going to get her way but it took an hour! LOL Oh and I had her until 5 yesterday too. I'll be getting her tomorrow by noon!

Here is my best story of the weekend. Maddie is 2 1/2 and fully aware of the potty but nobody is consistant with potty training. Her father tells me that she was almost potty trained but then they keep putting diapers back on her. I think the best way to potty train is to get big girl panties and just spend the week working on it. My daughter was potty trained in 2 days. My son in 2 years! LOL He didn't care one bit if he was wet or not. Anyway I had gotten Maddie a potty seat that doubles as a foot stool and she has used it once. She actually prefers the big potty. I told her we were going to get big girl panties and off to the store we went. She loves Tinkerbell so we found Tinkerbell panties for her. We got in the car and she was holding her bag. She pulled her panties out as we were driving home and from the back she exclaims, "I wuv them." LOL hubby and I got the biggest kick out that! She is a doll for sure and we're still having fun. Oh and she tried out my saddle stool and was very comfortable driving my machine! We'll have to load some fabric and play a little. I think she may just be a quilter!

I am so glad that all went well. When you talk about how well the first weekend went, I figured there would be a few more bumps the second weekend. It is just the way things go. I am glad that she is doing well and the small bumps didn't last! I think you and your DH will be able to give her the structure she needs with open loving hearts.

Archived