NQR just so sad

After her very long battle with leukemia and the side effects, I received a call last night that my sister had committed suicide. To say I am stunned is only the surface. She had chosen to remove herself my my life, as well as many others in my family for a lot of years. Now all we have are unanswered questions. I want to say this: if you have anyone in your life that you need to say I love you to...do it now. Don't wait one more day, one more minute. Just do it. If they choose to reject it, at least they will know.

Nancy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My heart goes out to you.:( My dad did the same thing 30 years ago, and yes, it does get easier to live with, but sometimes it feels like it was yesterday. I think something in their brain just snaps; and they don't realize the effect it has on those left behind.

I am sooo sorry. Yo and your family will be in my prayers.

Nancy, I too had a friend who chose this, 30 years later I have forgiven him, but only with the passage of time and experiences of other tragedies could I try to understand. I do think that sanity of the kind that I think rules most peoples' lives is very much affected by the diagnosis of this kind. Think of the best times and the little things. Hugs, Pat

Nancy, my heart and prayers are with you and yours. There is something most devastating about losing a sibling, and especially in this way. I can't tell you it gets better or easier, it just is the way it is, and it is so shocking it takes a long, long time to even comprehend. Take your time and know you are surrounded by (((HUGS))).

OMG Nancy..honey, I am so blessed sorry!

There are no words at times like this that can comfort those unanswered questions, or make you feel any different than you currently do.

My prayers are with you and your family. Just know, that when someone does this, it is no one's fault. NO ONE'S!!!

Guest Linda S

Nancy - I'm so sorry. Folks who suffer with physical ailments can get to the point where they just can't deal with the pain, the illness, the dependence on others any more. You know that you would have always offered to do more. For some, it's hard to take the help and it's degrading to let others see you like that. Try not to question what she did. You will always find her there in your heart when you need her. Hopefully, she is in a wonderful place now and is no longer suffering.

Linda

Archived