NQR just so sad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Nancy, I think of you often, in fact I did just two days ago. I am so sorry to hear this news. I know it's difficult to accept, but try to understand that she didn't remove herself from "your" life,,,, she removed herself from "her" life. Please try not to take this personal. There is no way we can ever comprehend why people go to these lengths it but try to keep the most healthy attitude you can. Lots of people love you. She loved you too. I say prayers.

Nancy, I'm sorry for your loss.

My oldest sister died suddenly 33 years ago. I found I needed to talk about her more than I realized, so come here if you need to.

We also have been close to families affected by suicide. I identify their deaths as a result of their medical condition, in our cases it was major depression. It gives a different lift to the weight of that death.

May God give you peace and comfort.

Dear Nancy: I have been lurking for "years", dont think I have anything worthwhile to write about. Today, I must write. I want you to know that tearfully I, along with my fellow quilting sisters, I want to wrap my arms around you in hugs and prayers and let you know that you are not alone!! I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. God Bless you and give you peace. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Irene Reising

LenniLou Owner

Reising Star Quilts

Nancy...My prayers are with you and your family. You couldn't be more spot on with the advice to tell the ones you love today that you love them.

My 26 yr old nephew took his life 2 yrs ago after not being able to pick up where he left off with his life after serving in Afghanistan. I regret the time we missed and will miss with that beautiful soul, but as Shanna says, it can't be taken personally.

Embrace the good memories of your sister and know you're in the thoughts and prayers of many.

anita

Be gentle with yourself. Your sister was in pain, more than we can know and this was her choice, her decision on how to deal with it. It was not directed at you. May your heart know peace and may you treat your heart and soul with tender care. She is where she needs to be and may you find the grace to forgive what needs to be and to know that you are loved. Take time to breathe.

Abigail

Nancy, my prayers and hugs are with you. There are no words to express my loving thoughts for you. In your heart, you know that you did everything you could for her. She chose to go be her father in heaven, where all her pain and suffering has ended. God bless you and your family.

Nancy,

My brother whom I adored killed himself 20 years ago. I went through periods of anger, depression and guilt for years. I finally came to the realization that I could not have prevented it and only God knows what was going through his mind at the time. I can't say I have ever found understanding but I have found peace.

I will pray that your family finds peace.

Cheri Blevins

Archived