Stitch Regulator Problem Solved!

Hi All,

Just wanted to post something I figured out that might work for others with an SR problem. I've had my Liberty for a couple years now, but for various reasons couldn't use it until last summer. I could not get the SR to work for the life of me - constantly cutting out, acting weird, etc. Connie finally sent me a new Crydom Relay with excellent directions, but that wouldn't work either. Long story short, I finally realized that no amount of tightening the bolt would get that little black rubber wheel close enough to the brown wheel, and even if they seemed to be touching, the brown wheel would just slide around the black wheel. So in a final act of either brilliance or desperation, I took the whole thing apart again, and wrapped a wide, thick, rubber band around the brown wheel, put it all back together, and voila! it works like a dream! I seriously don't know how I've managed without it all this time. What a difference! I'm assuming that at some point the rubber band will wear out and have to be replaced, but hey, if that's my biggest problem, I'm thrilled.

Hope this might help somebody else, because I feel like the planets are beginning to be aligned my way!

Gina :D

Archived