Christmas swap quilt finished!!

Unbelievable!! I pieced something. Then quilted it!! OMG

Then I bound it!! I guess that's the correct sequence :P but I can't seem to reach the final step!!

I love the Christmas strips from our swap--I used the brights and darks with a white on cream for the background.

Simple piecing, lots of white spaces for some special quilting, easy zinger border made from the leftovers, more white, then binding.

Unfortunately, I had a half day to squeeze in the quilting and three hours between work yesterday and my Guild Christmas meeting last night (my self-imposed deadline!) was used to bind it.

My plan for special quilting (some fancy feathers) was put aside because of time constraints. I am happy with my new Christmas quilt!

What shall we do for a new swap?

post--13461902955525_thumb.jpg

beautiful job Linda.

I love the swirlies around the stars, reminds me of blowing snow in a winter storm!! The holly border is great as well. You did a great job and is this the first one done from the swap or have others finished theirs as well. I may have missed them. I think I did see one that was pieced already. I love to see all the different designs everyone comes up with.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived