UPDATED-Prayer Request

Original Post:

Hi all, I haven't been talking too much lately but I need your help. My youger sister's cancer has come back for the third time. She had been given a 20-30% chance of survival. She will need a donor and I will be the first tested. She will be in San Antonio next week for more testing as she cannot get the transplant where she lives. Please add her to your prayer list.

Thanks, Judi

Judi - Your sister and loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers. For you, the doctors, other medical staff and potential donors as well. May He bring peace and wisdom to all.

If I'm not being too nosey, what is your sister's name and what is the donor request?

Anita

Anita, My sister's name is Nancy and for a bone marrow donor. She has already done one bone marrow transplant and cannot do it again and our brother has had cancer and we were told he cannot be a donor. So I am the first choice in the family and I am not too sure what all is necessary to be a donor but if I can help I am all for it.

Kay and Anita, Thanks so much for your concern. It is greatly appreciated.

Judi

So sorry, Judi, to hear of your sister's plight. Prayers, of course, and hugs, and more prayers for all concerned. My heart goes out to Nancy, you and the rest of your family... so hard to work with, when you love them.

God Blessings now and on and on,

Ritar

Judy,

You, Nancy, and your family have my deepest sympathy.

The screening to see if you are an accpetable bone marrow transplant match is usually bloodwork to test for blood type and any antibodies. Siblings do have a higher chance of being a successful match. I will hope for the best turnout for the both of you.

No matter what, your sister will know that you are there for her and that you would obviously do anything within your abilities to help her beat the odds.

The power of positive thinking can never be a bad thing.

Good luck,

Lisa

Thanks to all of you for your prayers and concern. It is so comforting to know others are there for you.

Lisa, Thanks for the explanation of the bone marrow transplant test. I really wasn't sure what they do and my sister didn't either. She had way too many other things on her mind! Our Mom who is 86 is taking it pretty hard but she is a trooper. Our Mom lives with me so she will be able to visit with my sister while she is here.

Thanks again and hugs back to all of you. Judi

Archived