UPDATED-Prayer Request

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers and concerns. The Dr is not painting a good picture for my sister but we are praying that she can beat the odds. We will know today if I am a match for the transplant and she starts chemo treatments as well. The transplant will be in about 6-8 weeks.

Thanks you so much for your prayers.

Judi

Original Post:

Hi all, I haven't been talking too much lately but I need your help. My youger sister's cancer has come back for the third time. She had been given a 20-30% chance of survival. She will need a donor and I will be the first tested. She will be in San Antonio next week for more testing as she cannot get the transplant where she lives. Please add her to your prayer list.

Thanks, Judi

Guest Linda S

Judi - I'm adding my prayers for your sister. I'm on the marrow donor list, but no one has needed me yet. I have a fairly rare blood type, so I guess my odds aren't great at being called. If, however, I'm ever needed, I'd be here in a heartbeat.

Linda

Thnaks to all of you for your continued support. I was not a match to be a donor but they think they may have a match in the donor database.

Mary Beth, you were the first person I thought of when we got the news about the cancer returning.

Thanks again, Judi

Judi, I sent you a U2U when you first posted this message. You know that I am right there with you. And the best piece of advice I can give you is to lean on the Lord Jesus Christ as you go through this time. There where times I didn't think I would make it through the day, and I prayed, and He listened. There were times when I knew I would not be able to find the words to help my sister through and He listended and gave me the words. There were times when I knew that my parents were having a very hard time of it and I prayed for them, and He listened. Judi, just lean on the Lord, that is what he is there for....he will give you the strength to move mountains it you just let him. When my sister called me and told me that she had cancer, I was strong until I hung up the phone, then I just fell to the floor and bawled like a baby and I remember that I just prayed for strength for her and for me, and suddenly I felt an overwhelming peace. I cannot describe the feeling, but it was very, very real. God is there for you and will get you through every step of the way. Just know I am praying for your sister, for you and for your family.

Archived