PLEASE POST PICTURES TO THE OTHER THREAD, NOT THIS ONE PLEASE. IT WILL MAKE IT EASIER FOR US TO KEEP UP WITH THE QUILT PICTURES.

Mary Beth

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love what you did Barb. I'm one of those who's going to need to do a bit of practice on muslin. I've owned mine for quite a while and I haven't had the time to figure out how to use most of them. The ones that I have had time for have been really easy to use. Now that school is out for a month, I'm going to make time for it.

Thanks again for the challenge MB.

Gee, how long have I had my CL = 2 years. How many times have I used it =0. Maybe it's time for me to blow the dust off of it and give it a try. Especially since I just got the part to work from the front. I'll see if I can dig a quilt out that I can practice on.

Thanks MaryBeth, the challenge will be so much fun. I have lots of Tops in waiting, so count me in too.

Has anyone used any CL templates to create Swags in Borders? I know Deb Levy shows how to do 1/2 circle swags but I'm wanting swags that drip down more than what you get with a 1/2 circle.

Please post pic and tell us what template you used.

Terry

Okay, I am going to come up with a due date and a few rules to keep it clean :) No scratching or pulling hair :D We don't want to look like Mr. Margie when this is done. Give me a day or two, I'll come up with something.

Thank you all for joining in - this is going to be way too much fun.

I did the crosshatched borders of this quilt using the Waves and Zig Zag template -- NO RULERS. It was so easy.

And because I surrounded the applique, I didn't have to cross over the stems and flowers and such.

And, also because I surrounded the applique, I was able to have it work out that I didn't have to stitch in the ditch (between the crosshatching) on either the top or bottom borders. I just positioned the template and worked backwards from the bottom border. It was easier than my explanation.

And, of course, I didn't have to turn the quilt.

post--13461903003112_thumb.jpg

Barb, you are right on the money...if there was some money :D You girls have posted exactly what I was wanting to see. See, if I were in a contest like this, which I am, and I were going to quilt something up like this...I would have to use my own top, because who would want to give it back to the customer after you win!? However, I know what it is like being in business....you don't have much time to work on your own tops. Do what you can...

Hey, I know there are more of you out there. How about some more takers???

I do believe there are endless possibilities with many of the CL templates, the smaller and larger ones, that we haven't even explored yet.

I recall that Myrna Ficken, when here giving a few training classes, said she had used the CL Clam Shell giant template. She said to me: "Don't just think of it as clam shells, think of all you can do with it."

And I haven't explored that yet.

There are endless designes with the CL templates. For example, look at the Seven Wonders template. Any and all of those spaces could be filled with something to add demension and detail to the design created. The Honeycomb/Chicken Wire has some great open areas to add filler. Zig-Zag and I agree the Clam Shell all have possibilites. Then there are the Design Templates that fill a block or can be added to an open area to fill it up...there are tons of them, then embellish with your own creativity and it's a whole new ballgame.

I can tell right now.....I need a bigger stocking :P

Janette,

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Lenni and the Circle Lord. Whew, you must be way too excited!! You will be surprised at how easy it will be to "catch up" to us. The CL is way too easy to use. Getting the hang of quilting on the Lenni may take some practice, but I'm sure you will be at it in no time.

MaryBeth

Thanks for your encouragement. The hardest thing, was trying to decide on which of the many templates to order as a starter kit - I went for spirals, cross hatch, and ginko in the end, which I hope to add to in time. I think I have lots of learning to do yet though.

If my Lenni and CL arrive before Christmas I will be well and truly in my element !! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

Janette

Thank you all for your support.

Carol Lyon at mailto:carol@lyondenquilting.com

is now working with the Circlelord Quilt Show.

For those of you that don't want to upload you pictures to the APQS forum, you can send them to Carol, and she will upload them to the Forum and to the Blog. Mary Beth will do the same

with any sent to her.

In the meantime keep posting pictures on the Circlelord Challenge page started by Mary Beth. They will be downloaded to the Blog

I will have the complete set of rules posted by Saturday.

later.

Please add some detail, the same as you would for a regular quilt show. Size, pattern, who did, who designed etc. . Try to

have a picture of as much of the quilt as you can, and then some close detail.

Merry Christmas,

Michael & Kay

You'll be fine...just remember to breathe.

Michael is going to post the rules this weekend. So take a deep breath, and look for some quilt patterns that will work well with the CL template and/or templates you would like to use. If you already have a quilt top that will do.

Now this is a real quilt show, so let's make sure we treat it like a real quilt show. After all....look at the prizes being offered. So make a quilt that will make the CL templates and you shine.

Archived