Machine Maintenance and Problems

Hi Julie Welcome:

As a sales/service technician most of the issues I see are caused by the quilter not the machine. We all make mistakes and sometimes these cause issues with the machine. All that said they are machines and even the finest will occasionally have a problem but not often. I can't think of any design quality issues.

I would suggest that you find your local dealer and drop by and visit. The dealers can give you the personal attention that you need to have your questions answered. Click on home and find a dealer by clicking on your state.

Good luck,

John

It's probably best if you hear from customers not us Representatives. Just so there is no interpretation of bias!

Having said that, I was a customer first and am still considered that foremost by APQS. Very good thing. Anyway, I have had my machine a year and a half and have not had one problem with it. I'm so grateful! I have ran over a 1/4" acrylic template once I'm embarrassed to say! I thought for sure I had thrown it out of time but I didn't. I actually owned another machine before I got my Millie. I did have some issues with that machine, although it was not an APQS. If you keep your machine clean and oil the bobbin race you should have no problems. It is machinery though, not to say that nothing would ever go wrong. Just hasn't been my experience. If or when there are issues Connie our most special service tech is available for help. Service is a great priority for APQS. I always hear great comments about Connie's technical help.

Julie,

I am not a rep., so I will throw in my 2 cents. I have had my problems, but they were my fault. I was cleaning my machine and a rag sucked into the bobbin area. It was stuck, and I had quite a time getting it out of the machine. That threw my timing off, but I didn't know that, even thougth I suspected it. I had problems with the stitching, getting loops, skipped stitches, etc, for a while. Finally, since I am close to John, I called him, he talked us throught adjusting my hopping foot, over the phone. Some how it was too low and there was no room between it and my plate. We fixed that, but I still had problems. John came out, retimed my machine, and wham, it works fine and I haven't had any more problems.

Like John said, they are machines and machines can have problems.

I think if you maintain your machine between quilts, keep it oiled and keep it totally clean of lint and threads and whatever else can creep in there, you will be fine.

APQS has great support. If you do have problems, you can call up Connie and the guys at the factory and they are very good at talking you through any problems. I ws on a first name basis when I first got my machine, because I wasn't use to this type of equipment. Also, this web site is a tremendous place to find out what to do if you are having problems. Everyone is good about helping if they can.

I hope this helps you in your decision process.

Good luck,

Archived