New Batik. Beautiful

I just pickup this top from the local QS and WOW. It will be a CUSTOM of anything I want. $$$ no issue. I will take a couple weeks before starting it and WOW it is simply beautiful. I am so excited. The spaces offer an opportunity to STRUT my stuff. It is very and will take me forever and a day but I wanted suggestions again.

I do want to use the RAZZLE DAZZLE somehow in the Center and maybe elsewhere. I want it to be AWESOME!!!

So let me know what you think.

I love your attitude!

Who will the quilt be for? What will it be used for? Where will it be displayed/used? Does it have a name? I think that all of these issues are very relevant to how it will be quilted. Let us know. I don't think I would go crazy with thread colors as there is already a lot of color in the quilt.

It is beautiful!

It is to display for the Quilt Shop. It is next years BLOCK of the Month I believe. She knows she has to look at it hanging for about a year so she wants it to be stunning.

This is also great advertisement for me.

She keeps all her quilts she really likes.

I was thinking that I could SID from back with Razzle Dazzle around the Center Square possibly and maybe in the Light area of the center do my feather or what ever I put in this space. There is a pretty PLUM color I thought would look good. I just want to jazz it up some. Not an overkill of it.

As far as the Blocks I want to do some good stuff. I love the techniques that Myrna uses when she quilts. I want some trapunto effects but heavy background filling if this will work. I just have to think about it alittle while.

Hi Tammie,

What a great quilt and opportunity for you. Oh gosh,so many possibilities. I agree with Cheryl I would keep the threads matching the fabric as much as possible. It would be easier to give you lots of suggestion by phone but here are a few. To highlight the quilt and show perhaps around the center in the corners put radiating lines out or arched lines to give a lot of movement in the center. In the border with half sq tri. maybe quarter circles to fill the colored tri going into the center then flip the quarter circle and have them going the out to the other border to create a wave effect. Does that make since? I couch Razzel Dazzel all the time. Its easier and quicker that using it in the bobbin to outline. It would give a little sparked here and there. And it hides any little wobbles in your SID. You could keep the purple border designs all the same. This would keep it clean and simple. Use you different design in the sampler blocks. I might be tempted to do a wavy line crossing in the squares border. Have other ideas but too much typing ;) Yes this is a lot of starts and stops. But in the end worth it. I love fussy quilting.

This will be fun to do

Myna when you say couch do you mean after I complete the quilt, couch the Razzle Dazzle with my Bernina last?

I love the half circle idea but my hartley isn't attached!!

I don't even know if I have a half circle with my CQ but I have lots of Circle rulers.

This is like the Best Sampler Quilt? Will I change thread for each block and Bobbin too? That what I want to do. I want the back to look super also.

Your right about there being alot that can be done. I'm going to plan this one out very carefully. Now I wish I had the EQ5 so I could lay it out before I start. Huh. I just might order that.

Thanks. Keep any ideas that POP up in your heads coming at me. lolol

Do you mean this direction Myrna? I know the art is not too good. Used paint. But are the circles in the right direction and wouldn't I do a heavy background filler to get some trapunto effects. Kinda like your IMQA winning quilt. I loved your circles in that quilt. Stunning!!!!

I would center the archer form the center of the star. That will give you a goo arch. In the HST you see where you have the half cirlce I would have then actually disappear. So when you flip them thay will give the visual that they flow from one to the next. This is hard to do with out drawing it. I would put your fence on to do them it would be so easy with that. You could go in and do a filler but I think using your Fence do every hole. That will fill the sapce really well. This too is because thereis som much going on else where. and if you start to do a heavy backgroung filler. You will need to do it everywhere. Do you want to do that.

Oh hack, just bring it on over and we will lay every thing out . What fun:P

Myrna PS: Give me a call if you like.

Dont temp me Myrna. lol

I am going to finish two quilts in the next few days and I think I will give you a call.

As far as background filling yes I do not mind doing the whOLE Quilt if that will best suit the quilt.

Getting BIG Bucks so I need to give her money's worth.

My door is open when I'm here, you just bring your little Texan self on over here :) That would be too much fun. I will be at Columbus next week though.

I didn't tell you that I do the couching with My Millie. It's easy, I put the RD on the spool holder. Hold the end of the thread with one hand and run the machine with the other. If you don't have the spool holder just lay the spool on the quilt . Just keep it out of your way.Did I say it was so easy ;)

Myrna

Hi Tammie

I'm with Cheryl and Myrna on not using too much fancy thread just hint here and there.

On your CQ you have the Cathedral Windows 1 which is a semi circle. Just open it up and resize to the space you want to fill, or go into Autosketch and draw the design.

So to draw in Autosketch, if you wanted 3 semi-circles (one above the other) start with the largest, draw it from left to right, then do a straight line, say 1/2" to the left, do another semi-circle finishing half an inch from the point where you started the first one, draw a straight line 1/2" to the right, do another semi-circle! (If you don't like the idea of the 1/2" lines you can leave the jumps in between the semi-circles and CQ will anchor off. Save it as a motif.

- You can do it - you have the right attitude!

Good luck, let us see it when its done.

Sue in Australia

Can't wait to try the couching. Too fun. And I won't have to turn the quilt over to do that as I would to use the bobbin so I will give that a try. Before loading this quilt I am planning on Loading some muslin to try some techiques out first and this will be one of them. Besides I have to order the thread colors I want.

Do you use the invisible thread when Couching ? Do I make Tiny Zigzig over the Razzle? Very Tiny that is.

I'm sorry Sue I meant to say Thanks to you. I will be trying this CQ idea on my practice muslin.

I Plan to know what I'm doing on each block before I begin.

I'm carefully planning this one out and the results are going to be awesome.

I least I keep telling myself that.

lol

Thanks everyone. Your the best quilt buddies in the world. I couldn't do this without you.

I would looooove to quilt this top!

Grammie -Tammie......:-))) you will enjoy your work - I?m sure!

I would do a mixture of using gadgets...like Myrna has done in her wonderful winning quilt- and free motion designs and background fillers. i would take a thread which fit to the background, so the piecing will not be "disturbed"....sorry my funny english;-)

Have fun!!!!

Best wishes from over the ocean...

Claudia

I agreeClaudia I would love to quilt this quilt as well.

Tammie I just use a thread that blend with the RD that I ma using. I just rittch over it to be sure I don't miss it. If you miss a small section it will show tath it is not stitched. I have also uses a contrasting thread and that looks really great. Remember it doed not have to be stitsche perfectly straight. no one will know. That's the beauty of it.

Just Do It and you will be hooked on the extra sparkle it will add to a quilt without it being in your face.

Myrna

Myrna -

Love the quilt with the RD - I have a few spools of this stuff that was

given to me - now I know I can put it to good use!

Tammie - Can't wait to see the finished photo on the quilt - I'm sure you

will do a wonderful job - and it will look beautiful! Have fun with it!

Archived