MQS 2010 - Are you going?

PattyJo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the past, we have had a table down in the common area, pretty much set aside for us APQS Chat-ers. We set up a sign and have blue ribbons for everyone to put on their nametag - that way, when you go into a class and you see another blue ribbon, you know it's someone on the chat. But just remember, that doesn't mean they own an APQS machine - it's open to ALL......

It would be nice if we could come up with some evening to have an APQS dinner together - only problem with that is the MQS evening events start on Wednesday night and continue through Friday night. Lots of us don't arrive until Wednesday, so an earlier evening might not work. I'm coming in on Sunday afternoon, so I'll be available for dinner on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday - how about everybody else?

Year before last we planned a night at some elephant resturarnt, can't remember the name, but there were about 16 of us and the people at the establishment about choaked when we walked in and they said, "How many" and we said, "16" :D:D

Last year we went for Mexican food, but the 2 GPSs we used sent us in 2 different directions so we ended up at two different places by the same name :):(

Yes, we do have a table set ups with a big sign that says APQS CHAT, and we have everyone autograph the sign when they stop by. We get a lot of teachers, APQS support personel that we all know and love, and of course our great chatters. We sit at the table between classes and visit, eat, laugh....take pictures of all of us gathered around Mr Margie when he is sleeping in a chair :D:P:D:D That was too funny.

I did the sign the first year, then I got a dumb job last year and couldn't make it...but Glenda came through and we had a sign.

I know you all can't travel with a big cardboard sign, so I will make it this year. I am planning to be in Overland Park on Sunday, so if I can meet with one of you that will be there on Sunday, I will give you the sign and you can get it to a table on Monday morning. I won't be there for the show until Wednesday morning. I have to work at my real job on Monday and Tuesday :( You know I hate that part because you guys post all these fun messages about what you are doing and how much fun you are having....I guess I could leave my computer turned off :D Yeah right!!!

Oh, I forgot, one year we all went to Jack's Stack Bar-B-Q...that was good. Some of us still sneak that one in every year :D

Anyway, I can try to plan an evening of dinner, but it is difficult because of the class schedules and the fact that while you are here you need to experience MQS to the fullest. The Audation Auction, the Banquet, and whatever else happens in the evening. If we plan to do dinner on Monday or Tuesday, some of you are not here yet.

We could plan to go to dinner on Thursday evening...make it an early dinner, since the Auction since it all starts at 7 pm. I know that will interfere with some class schedules. Or we could make it Wednesday at 5 pm, before the Awards Ceremony at 7pm.

Whatever you want to plan, I'm in. You know I will help you as much as I can ! ;) I would like to go to Jacks, haven't been there. AND I still haven't been to Sheridan's. I'll have a car so we can gang up anytime we decide on. My first class on Mon is at 1pm. so I can do the sign. Keep me informed a to what I can do. I'll start looking for some ribbon. Glenda

Oh yeah, so we can go to Sheridans one night after the festivities, or we could go after dinner, but we can't eat too much, or we could go instead of dinner :D I think Sheridan's closes early during the week, so we should probably plan to be there before 10 pm. They are open later of Friday nights....I think.

I will arrive on Sunday as well and would like to join the group for a fun evening out. Just keep me posted, pretty please.

Also, I'm planing to have a rental car. And I promise to try to get a navigation system that knows the same places like those in your cars...

Can't wait to see everybody again - and to meet those I haven't met yet.

Snowy greetings from Germany,

Birgit

Mary Beth and all,

If you don't find anyone to give the sign to, drop it off at the volunteer desk. Then whoever is supposed to get it and get it from me. Besides, you all will have to stop by and see me anyway. Because I know all of you have or intend to, signed up to volunteer. ;)

And remember what Barb said, not all of us own an APQS. Or like me, some of don't even quilt!! I'm here to look at all the beautiful quilts you all have quilted. And think of what my tops would look like if they were quilted that way.

See you all in May!!

Jackie,

I am still not signed up for classes this year so I may have some free time to do whatever you need this year. I have to check with Linda and Donna to see what we are doing and when so I know what I am doing :)

Birgit,

It will be good to see you again. I will try to drive so that everyone can keep up :) I will be updating the maps in my GPS so we all end up at the same place ;)

Tues nite or anytime after is good for me. I'll be there Tues thru Sat...along with Debbi Treusch. I'm sure she wants to go to dinner too!

MB, looks like we've got another BIG table full for dinner this year! WOO HOO!

Also, remind me to update my Garmin too.

That Elephant restaurant was AWSOME for food, drinks....and the menu had ALOT to choose from! I'd go to that one again in a heart beat!

Gee I wasn't going to make it again but you kinda have we wanting to SWITCH GEARS and go. Either way I know it will be a FUN time for you all.

I have graduations this year and not sure I can swing all. lol

Best of time to you all,

Grammie Tammie

PS. I hear there might be a WEST COAST SHOW in the future. That will be nice......

Archived