CQ FUN photos

Oh - forgot to ask-

Is that a varigated thread you used? Do you find you have any problems

using them with the CQ? You just set your tension as if freehand - set your

speed and then choose your design and it all quilts for you? Correct?

I just wish I could see this in action! I know I would LOVE to have it!

Varigated King Tut or Rainbows by Superior work great.

Yes there is alittle adjustment between the two but they all work beautifully with my CQ.

I find if I do the bobbin test for tension it works great. I always start out slow to be sure and I check top and bottom.

Generally tightening the top or loosing the top thread works fine depending on weight of thread. I rarely have to adjust my bobbin but I do the drop test every time I change thread or if I switch from metal to prewound it needs adjusting I have found in my case.

This CQ is awesome!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Grammie

this is the first time I've ever "talked" here. I've read over everybody else's conversasions and have learned so much!

I have a question. I really think this quilt is beautiful, the colors are great. And I enjoy the log quilt.

Would you be willing to send the picture of the whole quilt to my email? I don't know how long the chat's are saved here on the chat site.

If you don't mind doing that, here is my email. tamaramay@centurytel.net.

thanks so much. Tamara

PS: I also can't figure out how to use the smilies, which I love to use.

Hi Tmaus nice to meet you,

Grammie may miss your post, so if you have a request for her, you could send her an email & ask direct, just go to any one of Grammie's posts & click onto the little dark blue "email" sign on the bottom of the box.

and you can send an email right to her. that way she will also have your email address.

The smiles are easy, when you're typing & you want to put in a smile, just move your mouse over & click onto the smile you want, :cool: the smile will be placed in your post, but you won't see him until you click onto "post reply" you will see the word cool, or if you want:P, you will se a P where he will be set, if you want :mad:, you will only see the word mad, some of the other smile guys only show up as a combo of symbols, & if I type them in to show you you will only see the smiles, Anyway your smile guys will show up where ever you put them after you're finished & click post reply, I hope that made sence to you.

BTW, the chats or"threads" on this forum seem to last forever, but if there are no replys on any one post it will fall off the "todays posts" list & go into the catagory it best fits.

Guest Linda S

Gals - although the CQ is a very cool tool, you can do this design with a simple pantograph. I've done it on a quilt before and yes, it looks wonderful. It is Spirals Galore by Deb Geissler. Yes, it has been digitized for the CQ, but you can buy the regular panto and do the design without spending thousands of dollars!

;)

Linda

Hi Linda!

You are so right, Deb is a busy gal these days designing patterns for everyone no matter what the application, that is awesome! :)

For me, it is all about time, CQ quilts alot faster than I do!;)

Archived