Any quilty Christmas gifts?

Well, since I live in North Pole and I'm right down the road from Santa, it's pretty much Christmas all year long for me. So we don't go too overboard with gift giving at Christmastime. But, I did make and give a bunch of quilts this year; one to my mom and about 6 other quilts to children (friends of mine, and some went to charity). I bought me some really cute little wallhanging kits that were 50% off at my LQS. I did get one gift from DH: a programmable electronic photo album that holds a gazillion photos in it. He's loading it up right now. :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santa got me Deloa's Christmas special bundle of books, rulers, DVD and table. I am going to have so much fun trying out all her ideas.

I also received an electric frying pan (I actually requested it)and a gift card to my LQS - there are some books I want to buy.

My son asked my daughter and I to help him shop for an engagement ring, which will be presented in the new year. So another new daughter. YEAH!!! I did really well. :P

Hope that everyone had a great Christmas.

I got a garment steamer from my daughter for the quilt studio and I got the money to order the new Lenni black light. I did get a laptop but I have already used up all my installs of EQ6 - yes MB you will love it. So sorry, Tracey, about your son. Did they have insurance? Did the perps leave any evidence so they can be caught?

Glad to know Christmas was good for everyone and happy that Peglu and Traceys sons were both doing well.

In our home, DH would request a wish lists from me and DD for Xmas gifts every year. He bought the whole bolt of fabric that I have been looking for from the LQS and DD gave me the fancy quilty black small black backpack/purse by Vera Bradley.

Corey

Tracey,

I am so glad that your son is ok, what an awful thing to happen!

I received a very cute little pin cushion shaped like a chicken from a quilt friend, a really nice quilt book from my daughter, some other really nice things, some time to work on my own projects, and the BEST PRESENT ANYONE COULD WISH FOR....

I also found out that I am going to be a grandmother again! Whoo Hoo!

(Guess I'll have to make another baby quilt!) - can't wait!

Greetings

I must be one of the most luckiest quilters in the world. One of my daughters gave me two books" Classic Quilts from the American Museum in Britain" stories about the wonderful collection of quilts from antiques to the Gee Bend Quilters. The other book was "Thread work Unraveled" everything you need to know about thread and machine quilting. My other daughter gave me the 16 month Avalanche calendar, and granddaughter 3x fat quarters of Kaffe Fassett fabric and a friend gave me the Irish quilting magazine.

What more does a gal want - Spoilt rotten me thinks!!

My best wishes to you all from a very warm and sunny Picton, New Zealand.

Yvonne

Glad to hear everyone had great Christmases. Ours was wonderful too. I got a gift certificate from the LQS and a great Hot/cold water dispenser for my studio.

My DH also made a batting bar for me, he too used doodlebugs idea and tweaked a few things. I love it.

Everyone have a great New Year.

Have to say, didn't get any quilty presents but still had a great christmas made particularly special with a new baby's first christmas.

Tracy, so sorry to hear of your son's experience. I do hope he will be able to put it behind him.

Bonnie we also, as a family, got an addition to our Wii with Sport Resort and the new fitness DVD. Haven't tried it yet but it looks fun. You soon get the hang of the board. Much easier than learning to quilt!!

Interested to hear everyone's experience of EQ6. I also have EQ5 and have never got on with it. Was thinking of selling it anyway. Now I might replace it with EQ6.

Ginny what a wonderful gift. Welcome to our family. Now get some rest before your new addition arrives because you wont' be getting much afterward.

Very small Christmas as far as presents go, but had a wonderful time with one of my granddaughter's and a very special time of doing dishes with her. can't beat that for any material gift or the out of the blue "love you gama"

No quilty stuff, but a really nice thermometer (has balls inside it floating and you can tell the temperature by those), sort of an art piece as well as practical. A can of shaved chocolate (good for me as I can't do most hot chocolate mixes as they have milk in them), a pair of olive wood candlesticks (never realized how beautiful olive wood is), a carosel from Germany that moves with the heat from candles and all my kids and grandkids home for Christmas (well, the Sunday before, but that works!)

Oh, and I almost forgot (how could I?!), dh cutting out the whole 2010 Thimbleberries kit for me. I just got the kit on Saturday, the 26th and have it pieced and quilted by Jan. 1!! I would never get it done if it weren't for his cutting everything. That is probably the best gift I got!!

I got a Wacom Bamboo tablet. It was a total surprise from my DH. I can't imagine how he came up with that idea unless he happened to look over my should when I was researching them. Usually I took a picture of a quilt, printed it, slipped it into a clear sleeve, drew on the sleeve, then took a picture of it and then posted on the computer. Wow, can you imagine the time I'll save?

I told my quilting girlfriends about this antique quilt I saw in a shop in Arizona with my mother. They contacted my mother and arranged for her to purchase it for them. Was I surprised when I opened my Christmas gift. It was called "Thousand Leaves" quilt. We counted 1,074. All turned applique and hand quilted. Sooo cool.

I hope the pictures work.

post--13461903049842_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone!! Merry Christmas! I got an 8 day trip to Texas to see all the family! That my friends was the very best gift. I'm sitting in a hotel in Oklahoma now on our way back home. Will be running North to Kansas in the morning ahead of the next big storm. Did not want to get caught in the open plains in a white out! I had great visits with everyone and some great guilty gifts too. 2 gift cards to the fabric store, a guilt block a day calender, and a priceless visit with family. How much could anyone want for Christmas? We are blessed. God Bless you all my friends, and pray that we get home ahead of this storm!

Kay, hopefully you will make it back before the next storm Tuesday PM (right?). We just got back from Fort Scott, south of Olathe, tonight and the highways are all clear to the OK border. They are only expecting 1 inch of snow tomorrow night. If you are going up Hwy 75, there's a small quilt shop in Copan, OK that is having a 40% off most everything sale if you're interested!

On the other hand, my inlaws gave me a gift certificate to my LQS AND 20 antique hand appliqued blocks from a lady that died (she was in her early 70's) recently that said they were HER grandmother's. There's a few spots on them, but they are in wonderful shape otherwise. I'm nervous to do anything with them, but my inlaws are expecting to see a quilt soon!

Archived