Any quilty Christmas gifts?

Got a Kansas City Star "Mrs. Bobbins" quilty cartoon calendar and a bunch of Jennifer Chiaverini's "Elm Creek Quilters" novels. No fabric, kits or LQS gift certificates, but my very favoritest (:D) gifts were two: first, a can of tobacco - my youngest son has promised to quit smoking in the new year - and second, a new daughter-in-law to be!! My oldest son proposed to his girlfriend on Christmas Day, right in our front yard, with both sets of parents watching.:P:P:P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My DD gave me an e-bay quilt top, and my neice (I call her daughter #3, and she calls me Mom#2) gave me a gift card for Jo-ann's. All in all I got some nice quilty gifts! I spent the gift card on some rulers and a ruler caddy you can hang on the wall and I got some rotary cutting baldes! Great gifts!

Hi

I got a couple of quilting books from hubby, and I bought myself a new Lenni for Christmas !! although it did not quite get to me for Christmas - it is being delivered tomorrow !! I can't wait, and I ordered a Circle Lord too which should have come today - but hopefully parcel force will get their act together tomorrow and deliver it to me then.

I can't afford to buy another thing now for the whole of 2010 I am sure !!!

Tracey G

So sorry to hear about your son, I am glad he is OK, these things really shake you up don't they?

Take care

Janette

Janette

Congratulations on your new Lenni coming tomorrow, how exciting and you will love Lenni and the Circle Lord, what templates or boards did you get with it. The best Quilty presents usually are the ones that we buy ourselves as who knows better what we want or need than we do!!:D:D

Hi IBQLTN2

Yes you are right, I am so excited. I have 6 boxes in front of me, I have dared to open one so far with the Lenni in and manual which I have started to read , so far so good. I want a magic wand to fly past this set up stage so that I can load something to quilt !! I am feeling slightly panicked to say the least!

I went for the swirls, ginko, and small crosshatch to start with.

Thanks

Janette

I sold my gammill optimum and ordered a new millie - can't wait to get it. Buy I guess that was my Christmas Gift to myself. From others I got a coffee cup of joy (full of fat quarters) and a really cute cupcake pin cushion my sister in made (chocolate cupcake with sprinkles on top - yum) So all in all I got my fabric fix for the holidays (Yeah) always a good thing.

Yeah! Cheers! Hooray! My DH, who often isn't so D, was a D for sure this Christmas and I received a full set of EdgeRider Wheels. I really needed an improvement with the effort required to move my machine, Badly! They're on, and OH MY! The Raves everyone Raves are TRUE! My 2005 Millennium, which I bought a couple of years ago used, finally moves like I expected it to move when I brought it home. Circles are round and just about every move is Soooo much easier! I put them on myself and it wasn't at all easy, but by golly I got it done! Got 4 on the first day and 4 the next. Good thing I knew "others" had experienced a challenge to accoomplish this task. The new directions are essential, the old ones suck! If you are buying these wheels, get the new directions before you start installation, not during. It will save you hours of time, frustration and bruises from "Wrenching". Funny, now that they're on, it's kinda like having your baby, not as bad as it could have been but bad enough to be glad it's over. Now I hope I can quilt faster and with less wear and tear on my body. Thanks to the "ole boy", this was a really good Gift!

Congratulations Janette :D:D:D

Just seen your post saying Lenni has arrived. Have you built your frame yet. Photos ......we love photos. :P

Originally posted by Janette

Hi IBQLTN2

Yes you are right, I am so excited. I have 6 boxes in front of me, I have dared to open one so far with the Lenni in and manual which I have started to read , so far so good. I want a magic wand to fly past this set up stage so that I can load something to quilt !! I am feeling slightly panicked to say the least!

I went for the swirls, ginko, and small crosshatch to start with.

Thanks

Janette

:D

Congratulations on new Machines and Edgerider wheels and doggies and all the other goodies.

I received a beautiful 22" Television with build in DVD player that interfaces with my PC which is hooked up in my Studio. Now I can play all those wonderful training DVD's I purchased and see them on a nice big screen......oh it is soooooo nice! My "old guy" is terrific!

Hi Kath

Yes I have it all set up now thanks, it took most of the evening and night to do it mind you, so I didnt get to have a play until New Years eve, but it has been brilliant so far, some slight tension issues, but I have read up on the tension issues, and I think I need the top tension a bit tighter,, so next time fingers crossed.

I loaded a quilt top I made a while back which I didn't like too much, and did a pantograph with one of the patterns that came with it, it was a bit wobbly in places, and the quilting is a bit too open for my liking, but it was good practice with the laser. I also loaded up a practice piece and did a bit of doodling on the front !

My 9 year old son also wrote his name and drew a Sum (he was pretty good actually !!)

I just read your post about the Ikea fabric, I was hoping to get there pretty soon myself, I think there are some pretty cheap practice fabrics?

Take care,

Speak soon

Janette

Guest Linda S

Well - the quilty things were presents I bought for myself. I got the mini- and micro-featherz templates from Circle Lord. I just love my Circle Lord -- couldn't do without it. Great product and Michael and Kay are just the best! Then I got myself some Magna-Glide bobbins in slate gray and black from Fil-Tec Threads. If you haven't tried the Magna-Glide bobbins, give them a whirl. I just love them.

Linda

Glad to hear everyone had a great Christmas! WooHoo for the new machines! And welcome to the newbies to the forum, everybody belongs here, it's the best place on the internet! Sorry to hear about the burglaries, but glad that Santa took care of it! I bought myself a new netbook, it's purple, and I'm not a fan of purple, but, my sister has made it easier to live with. She gave me one of the Vera Bradley small backpacks which is the perfect size for the netbook. My newphew and his girlfriend gave me a gift card which I used to buy a wirelesss mouse and some flash drives so that I don't have to store things on the hard drive. My dausghter and her family gave me the Public Enemy dvd. I told them they double scored, Johnny Depp and a gangster movie in one, who could ask for more?

Archived