quilt vibrates on machine

Rest your left hand on the quilt and move the machine with your right. You can also use your left hand as a brake on the machine to give extra control when you need it.

Yup I like my quilts a bit on the tight side when I work so they do vibrate, however I always quilt one handed so it isn't a problem.

Ferret

Originally posted by donnavans

I checked my table and it is still level. But, I can get my entire hand under the level bar. I will lower it. Thanks for the tips. I will also call APQS. Thanks so much. Happy New Year.

Myrna was right on. Your levelor bar is too high. You did need to raise it for the Edgerider Wheels, but I'm afraid it is too high now. Lower it and that will stop the quilt vibrating.

Myrna and Patty are right. I have started setting mine to 1/4" space between the leveller bar and the throat plate of the machine. Important that you measure from the throat plate because if you measure from the machine bed, its a little lower. This works well with all batting I use but might cause a problem if I come across something like an 8 point star where the seams haven't been presed flat - I'll know when I come across a quilt like that again. A leveller bar that is set too high also affects the stitch quality.

sue in australia

Archived