Circlelord Challenge - Voting time now

circlelord

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joy I did that same quilt it was a Thimbleberries block of the month. Big block houses or something like that. Cant remember the exact name. I remember there was so much fabric in each block left over that when I had finished it for my FIL for a queen sized bed I made a throw for my MIL for the couch with all the left overs. Just remembering that was my first quilt that I ever quilted on a LA. My friend had just bought a used Ultimate II and I did a pantgraph with a meandering then every so often there was an apple. I had the hardest time getting those apples rounded and the tension was kind of flat on the back in some places. I was thrilled though and so was my FIL.

This is a customer quilt, lap size, with an appliqued turtle. The customer chose the Circle Lord 7 Treasures giant template because it reminded her of a turtle's back.

She made this quilt for a couple who actually rescue turtles on beaches to save them from harm.

The pattern was from a magazine, but I'm not sure which one.

post--13461903445532_thumb.jpg

Brenda,

For many of us, it's not so much about the talent, as it is about the tool (CL).

However, there are a few who truly step it up to the next level and use their CL "tool" creatively and uniquely!! Their thinking out of the box, is quite inspirational.

And yes, it is going to be tough to choose the "best of the best"!

Quilt by Donna James

I am pleased that this is a stash busting project -ALL the fabric came from my stash. I used EQ6 for this simple design, and then my Wacom tablet to draw the diagonal stitching lines before I decided where the circle/spirals would go. The quilt is 55" x 70".

I used the Circle Lord 12" sqircle to make the circles, and then switched to the spirals template to fill it in each time. The circles range in size from 2" to 8", and there are more than 60 of them. I am spiraled out, for now!"

(Sorry Donna for forgetting your name and taking credit for this beautiful quilt.

post--13461903447716_thumb.jpg

Georgene, you have certainly mastered the CL! Your quilts are wonderful, as are so many posted here. I now have a growing wish list for the CL templates and boards. I am interested in the 7 Treasures. I noticed the circles do not really meet or overlap. As in a more traditional wine-glasses hand quilting pattern. Is that typical of the boards or a lining-up thing? The Turtle quilt is really delightful! Great job on them all.

Thanks,

Lisa

APQS Liberty

NW NJ

Here is a entry quilted by Carol Cunningham. She used the CL Push Button system from the front of the machine. It took her about 10 hours to do. About 10000 square inches. Most of the time was outline stitching the teddy bears, and Mctavishing.

The crosshatching is 1" apart.

"War and Pieces" a Civil War Reproduction Sampler. It is designed by Barbara Brackman, author of "Quilts from the Civil War" and Karla Carney Menaugh, and was published by the Sunflower Pattern Co-operative.

Pieced byValerieDamer@aol.com

2759610040039190341S600x600Q85.jpg

2922513860039190341S600x600Q85.jpg

2985102260039190341S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's my entry for the CL challenge. I used the large CL crosshatch templates and the pushbutton system. I skipped over all of the embroidery so there were thousands of stops and starts.

I used wool batting and So Fine and Bottom Line threads. It took me about 7 or 8 weeks to complete because I work full time outside the house.

Customer was thrilled!

post--13461903455512_thumb.jpg

Archived