lenni

Hi

I am so happy to be getting my new lenni soon!!! a very NICE christmas present from my husband. How user friendly is it? I am a little nervous as I am not yet a long arm quilter. I will be getting a 6 hour day of instruction. Any suggestions for questions to the apqs insructor? Any required reading suggestions for a new lon arm to-be????

Thanks. From the low country, shea

You are going to love your Lenni. It is very user friendly and the manual is easy to read with excellent illustrations. Just don't worry about your squarish circles when you first begin practicing. It takes a little while before your hands start working together to make nice round curves. Buy a cheap bolt of muslin and a bunch of batting and load it on your frame so you can ppp whenever you have a little time. You will see evidence of real progress when you take the muslin off and look at your work from "start to finish". There are wonderful DVDs out to help you learn LAing but before you spend a lot of money on them you should go to You Tube and type in APQS. There are lots of free and very informative videos that will teach you all kinds of good stuff. The most important thing to remember is RELAX AND HAVE FUN!

Congratulations on your new Lenni, you will have so much fun! Another great place for information is to read all the past posts right here on the forum. Take some time and go through all the older posts. Do a search on DawnCavanaugh and you will have the best information to get started with. Welcome and have fun!

Lenni is incredibly user friendly.

Hi

I also have just got a new Lenni and I must say it is absolutely wonderful !! I set it up 2 days ago, and it is brilliant! I am in my element. I am also a complete newbie, and this forum has been an excellent source of information, everyone seems so helpful, and really the forum influenced my choice of machine.

Hope you get started soon !! I am sure you will have great fun !

Janette

:)thanks for the reply. its nice to hear that there is someone else out there new to the forum and "lenni" . i will get my lenni on the 5th. very excited!!! i have been reading the past entries, and learning . as you said, very helpful source. I still can't believe i have taken the long arm plunge!

from the low country, shea

Hi shea

Yes me too, it is a very big step, especially when you have limited space like me.

At the moment I have my desk sliding under the Lenni table and pull it out when I am working, and push it under when quilting !

I havent done much on it so far, except a practice piece doodling from the freehand side of the machine, and a pantograph on a small quilt top which was a bit wobbly, but good practice with the laser.

Only 3 more days for you then !! If you are as excited as I was, you won' t be sleeping much until then !!

Hope you get on OK.

I managed to set most of the frame and table up myself except for the heavy lifting, and I was grateful for the manual !! It took a good 4 or 5 hours though !

Have fun on the 5th

Congrats to all who will be getting a Lenni. I have had mine about 18 months and it is soooooo easy to use. when there is a problem it is me, not Lenni. She does exactly what I tell her. I just wish I was better at telling her! Ha! I gave 4 quilts as gifts and all were thrilled with their gift! I have to say I was thrilled too. It was a joy to stitch and a joy to give. Good luck and remember there is a learning curve so don't get frusturated.

I also got my Lenni a year and a half ago and am totally satisfied with her. She has been very reliable and simple to operate. It is the basic model and is very easy to use, and will do all the same things the bigger machines do, without the bells and whistles and price tag. I have learned more over the last 18 month on this forum than in my whole 13 years of quilting put together. The expertise and knowledge on this site is the best anywhere. If you have any questions don't hesitate to post and you will get lots of suggestions and tips to help you on your journey.

Hi Shea

I am sure you will be fine building the frame, all I needed hubby for was lifting the heavy poles, and loosening some tight nuts, and tightening them all after I thought I had tightened them enough !!! :):)

It was very daunting seeing the 6 boxes, but it all fits together very nicely, the hardest thing I found was putting the brakes on the poles !! In the end I undid the screws completely rather than just loosening them as in the instructions, I could not see any other way to get them fitted on.

Good Luck

Janette

my "lenni" came yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):)as soon as my husband got home he went straight up stairs and had that beautiful machine together in less than 3 hours. it looks so amazing in my little studio! can't wait to get started. had to go have the cd instruction manual copied so i could have a written manual to refer to . the apqs rep is coming to my house next tuesday for a day of lessons! my machine is setting high i think, because of the casters. i like the idea of being able to move it if i need to, but it just seems to be too high. i am 5'3 . we lowered it as much as possible. may have to remove the rollers. oh well. small problem. guess i could quilt in high heels! yay!!! i am very happy . its cold here in the low country! :) shea

Shea

I didnt realize you were from SC until I just saw cold in the Low Country. Where abouts are you I am in Summerville. We call Charleston area the Low Country. You are going to love your Lenni. Is Lynne the rep that sold it to you and is coming to your house? Hopefully so, she is great. I took my lesson from her as well and learned so much.

Hi Shea

You have a wonderful husband !! 3 hours is good going!

I also have the castors and also have it on the lowest height, and I also had to quilt in heels !!!! I am 4 foot 11 LOL :P:P:P Although tonight am not quilting in heels, am getting used to the height now.

Have fun - I am !! I have had her a week now !! I finally have a real quilt on the frame and it is going well so far - touch wood.

Janette

• 2 months later...

Hi, I just committed to purchasing Lenni and don't have all the details and paperwork done. So I don't know what my delivery date will be. They have a Lenni and is available for shipping soon as I'm ready. I "played" with a Lenni at a class I took with Karen McTavish. I fell in love with Lenni the minute I touched her. I have never long arm quilted but I'm excited to get started. Karen encouraged me to register on the forum to learn and I've already learned a lot. Thanks to all who share their pearls of wisdom.

Sandy

Hi Sandy

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the purchase of your Lenni. You have come to the right place. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Just ask away and you will get all the help you need. you are going to have loads of fun !!

YEEEAAAHHHH another Lenni owner on the block. You will love it.. him or her.. she is a her by the way...

I can't object to anything said above, but the practice, practicé, practice is the key.. don't put big spaces between the lines. it uses too much fabric. I still block off 8 or 9" squares to practice or my blocks end up 20 inches big.. with 3 inch spacing. LOL... I guess I'm thinking big.

Archived