My Quilting Studio

KerriM

Kerri I love your room and your cutting table is awesome. I have had the same drawers under my machine since I set it up and am getting ready to get another one just for thread. I like them there because I can roll my batting up when I am quilting on a quilt and rest it on top of the drawers, keeps it out of my way and it is easy to let it down when I advance a quilt. Wish I had your windows. I find I use the tops of the drawers as little shelves for stuff like pins, rulers, etc.

I believe the (3 car) garage as well as the studio is 39' X 17'. But with the two dormer windows they cut out more space that I use for tall cabinets. If I didn't have that space, there wouldn't be enough tall walls for the cabinets. Most of the ceiling is slanted. I like being able to look out the windows as I'm sewing. I have a view of our long driveway and can see if anyones coming to visit.

Kerri

Hi Kerry

Love your studio, I was just droolin, I mean looking at all the pictures and wondering what the dimensions ( oops see those dimensions now) what kind of flooring do you have in it. I was thinking that carpet catches pins so easily that something easier to sweep might be the way to gol.

I am thinking of extending my studio and this gives me some good ideas. thanks.

Your space is to die for... I have three rooms, on three different floors, for my space, It makes for a confused studio... Someday, after the economy settles, and the house prices rebound a little, would like to re size and build a different style house, a studio as a wing to the back of the house, Oh to have one space, well lit, on ground level, overlooking my gardens, with new wiring and about 5 circutt breakers:D Happy sewing, Pat

Kerri, I love your space...although your view seems a bit chilly right now!!;) I like how you've left room to get completely around your Millie and yet you have room for everything you need. Its perfect. Reminds me a bit of Linda's space in Seaside.

I'm discovering that while the yurt is darn cute, having round walls presents unique issues...very unique issues, especially when you couple that with sharing the space with your husband. I think we're doing well so far with the organizing--enough so that I may be able to post studio pictures this weekend myself.

Enjoy your beautiful space and your new machine!

• 2 months later...

Kerri, I love your quilting space. You are more organized than I am. I am in the middle of re-organizing my studio and it looks like a tornado went through it right now. I will have to post pictures AFTER it is finished when I get my new machine.

Yours looks FANTASTIC!!!

Archived