How do you know your hooked??????

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:P:P:P

Watch out world, here come P-Jo and N-Jo--the mobile quilters! You could hit every show and be moving APQS reps!

Remember when Grammie Tammie was talking about this--she even posted the plans she was dreaming about for I believe a fifth wheel. That was years ago!! She had it all worked out. I will see if I can find the post.

Patty Jo, I want to tag along with you two also. I got a Garmin for Christmas so I could help with the navigation OR just bring the chocolate and peanut butter snacks.:P:D It's been 2 degrees here in MO the last couple of nights! Dar

Hi friends!! I have finally been drawn out of lurkdom! I have been reading this list for a long time and feel like you are friends. Well, I have to now jump in. I am hooked!! My RV is equipped to hold my Lenni when I am not in Paducah. I live in Paducah most of the year, but right now I am in sunny but cold Fla. I had an old wooden table cut down to fit where the couch sits and that is where my Lenni fits in the rv. The table is 4.5 ft. long, and that is long enough for me to quilt large wall hangings. I did not bring her this trip and am having withdrawals. So I am devoting my time to designing some art quilts and doing fabric dyeing. I have been longarm quilting with an APQS since 1997. Used to be a APQS rep./dealer, Milli owner, and due to an injury had to stop quilting for 2 years.

I got my chance to quilt again when the Lenni was made. I even used quilting as therapy for my shoulder.

Well, thats my intro. I live in Paducah, Ky. so if you come to the Paducah Quilt show, let me know, I live about 7 blocks from downtown and quilt museum. Would love to meet you all.

ReisingStarQuilts

Irene Reising

owner-Lennilou

Hi Irene - It is good that you are out of Lurkdom and on the chat. It sounds like you are truely hooked and glad that you are keeping busy even without your Lenni. It sounds like you are back in the swing after your injury and I'm glad that your Lenni was part of getting you back here on the chat. Welcome.;)

Originally posted by ReisingStarQuilts

.......I live in Paducah, Ky. so if you come to the Paducah Quilt show, let me know, I live about 7 blocks from downtown and quilt museum. Would love to meet you all.

ReisingStarQuilts

Irene Reising

owner-Lennilou

Hi Irene, I would love to meet you some day, too. I've not ben to Paducah, but some day.... :) Thanks for the kind offer.

Happy quilting!!!

Shana

Hi Irene, so lovely to meet you. I too have never been to Paducah, but dream of visiting some day. When I do we will have to meet for coffee at least!

Heard you've had freezing temps in Florida these last few nights. They even showed on the news that the Iguanas are falling out of the trees because of the cold. Poor things.

Stay warm!

Hi All: Thank you for the warm welcome!! I guess it is freezing by Fla standards but it was a balmy 58 today and sunny. I was even able to dye some fabric and hang outside to dry. I am so thankful to be here instead of in frigid weather. I did find a LQS this am. They have an HQ16 for rent but--$200.00 to learn how to use it, Must take class, then $55.00/hr to use machine. guess I'll just go thru withdrawals and wait till I return to Paducah.

Hope all of you can stay safe and warm and ride out this weather with lots of quilts to keep you busy.

Irene Reising

ReisingStarQuilts

owner: Lennilou

welcome Irene----- I was in Paducah in omg when was it 2005 I think :D I loved the show , the quilt museum was awsome I went a couple of times to be filled with inspiration omg the quilts are wonderful Hollis C had an exhibit to see her quilts in person WOW

for all of you it is worth every penny to go and see the show or go just to see the museum

Welcome to the forum Irene!!! I am glad you are posting now, we look forward to some photos of your quilting! I LOVE the Quilt Museum - went last year and was way to rushed through it by the family..... Could have spent more hours there!

Ladies...... cold?!??!!? 2nd snow day in a row here for the kids - they are driving me nuts! I have 2 more "hurry-rush-gotta-have-now" quilts to get done, but these people are going to have to come and get them if they want them that badly. I might try and get the snow drift out of the end of the driveway later..... Great day to stay inside and quilt - to bad I can't send the kids out to play in all of this snow! ( -30 wind chill..... High of -2 today I think)

Hi Irene. Welcome to the best forum on the net. I love Paducah. I've gone the last 6 years. Don't know if I can afford it this year but I'll be there next year for sure. I'm taking classes at MQS in May and my daughter graduates from college in May so end of April would be pushing it. Anyway I just wanted to welcome you also.

Originally posted by Dar

Patty Jo, I want to tag along with you two also. I got a Garmin for Christmas so I could help with the navigation OR just bring the chocolate and peanut butter snacks.:P:D It's been 2 degrees here in MO the last couple of nights! Dar

Hey, don't forget to register that Garmin...if it is less than 60 days old you may get a free map update!

Originally posted by ReisingStarQuilts

Hi All: Thank you for the warm welcome!! I guess it is freezing by Fla standards but it was a balmy 58 today and sunny. I was even able to dye some fabric and hang outside to dry. I am so thankful to be here instead of in frigid weather. I did find a LQS this am. They have an HQ16 for rent but--$200.00 to learn how to use it, Must take class, then $55.00/hr to use machine. guess I'll just go thru withdrawals and wait till I return to Paducah.

Hope all of you can stay safe and warm and ride out this weather with lots of quilts to keep you busy.

Irene Reising

ReisingStarQuilts

owner: Lennilou

Hey Irene, where in FL are you staying? Wow, those prices are astronomical. I have a Lenni on a 5' table I would rent to you for much cheaper! :P Are you anywhere near the panhandle? Probably not since you said it was a balmy 58 degrees. We only got into the 40's today.:o

Hi Irene

That is great that your Lenni goes to FL in your RV with you. Do you have a full size table in Paducah and one for the RV or do you use the 4.5 both places? That is so cool. Sounds like it works out very well for you. It must be quite the conversation piece. Your own quilting bee complete with machine and frame. Got to love the ingenuity of Quilters!!!

Hi Jeanne: I have a 12ft table at home and the cut down table for the rv. I love the small table for close up art quilts and thread play. I am so blessed to have a husband who understands my quilting passion, but then, I know his passion for golf. So, he's out on the course and I have the rv for quilting. Great compromise!!!

Now Patty Jo, if you are going to let someone on for just chocolate and peanut butter.....um, what about the wine? For when we are stopped of course....and about that Garmin lady....she is a tried and true brat so I vote for the sexy Australian guy instead.....(Hey, we are both single, ladies).:D:D:D:D

It is still freezing in Florida. Pipes breaking all over the place. Shelters set up for the seriously cold people. Nasty stuff! I worked an over nighter for the Red Cross at one of the shelters. Really sad for a lot of people

Irene, where are you?

Nancyt

Archived