Sign in to follow this  
mrsbishwit

Is anyone else having this problem?

Is anyone else having a hard time getting back into the groove this week after the Holiday time off?

DH went back to work on Monday after being on vacation for the past 3 weeks, the kids don't go back to school until Wednesday (they have been off 2 1/2 weeks) and I was hoping to be back into the swing of things yesterdy. I have quilts to do this week and I am having a hard time staying focus long enought to get them started let alone done. The most progress I have gotten was to load a large queen yesterday (I wanted it quilted/done by last night) but as of this afternoon it is just loaded!

I am just hoping that it is not just me that maybe there are others out there that are having a hard time staying focus and getting things done.

Oh am I ever!! My kiddos are out of whack as well! It's so hard to get back in a schedule after the holidays.

Hang in there, just take one day at a time. Heck, I'm taking an hour at a time!!

I find if I make a "to-do" list and check off my tasks as I go, that tends to motivate me. Good luck!

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Phillippians 4:6

Michelle Beckman

Log Cabin Quilting

Teutopolis, IL

Hi Joann,

You are not alone. I am going through the same thing, even down to the queen size not being done, let alone finished loading! :(

No words of advice (or I would tell myself, too!), but thought I'd let you know I'm there with ya.

16E1CB70B39FF263165D20C7C9CD1FE5.png

I saw on tv a movie I need to watch, no better yet...old reruns of "The Virginian" are on the western channel.....oh, yeah, quilts...naaaa, tomorrow will be soon enough.:P Need to go visit with Trampus and the Virginian.

Bonnie Botts

APQS Sales Rep - Certified Service Technician

APQS Millennium 2006---MJ

APQS Millennium 2004---Lucy

405-533-1025 home

518-935-3832 cell

"Absolute rules are about as useless in making quilts as they are in raising children" Carter Houck---1992

The kids are back in school, so lots of rumming around...I am returning a quilt I was asked to quilt...UNfinished mind you...and I burnt my hand.

NO, I am not having a hard time getting back into the quilting groove! Not at all. :D

Kristina at website http://withakquilting.blogspot.com/ and personal blog http://froggybottomquilting.blogspot.com/

Hoppily quilting along with FROGGER - my Green Millennium, and TOAD - my Liberty. Quiltazoid equipped too!

You guys are too funny! :D

Now I am not feeling so bad, lol

I have managed to do 2 rows on the quilt I am trying to finish by tonight...so I am making some progress. To make things more crazy, the panto I am doing on this one is called "Fantasia" by Lorein Quilting there's a lot of twist and turns and it is easy to get confused on which direction I need to go next :(

The bright side is that this one due to the size of quilt and density of the pattern will be $175 job not bad for a days work (just need to finish it today!). ;)

Joann, that is one of my customers' favorite pantos. have fun with it. I think it looks like giant butterflies.

068AE7983835931B5513447E68ECA1B3.png

Bekah

Shepherd's Garden Quilting

APQS Sales Representative

APQS Millenium

www.shepherdsgardenquilting.com

Well, I should be working on the starz quilt on the frame. Then I have 5 customer quilts lined up. But am I working on them?? Heck no! :o I am piecing and piecing and piecing! It just feels right!!:P:P

1B3534BF41043F3B69B8C0B1C537B688.png
APQS Millie aka Big Baby
www.linneamariequilts.blogspot.com
Sew Batik Associate #1361

I'm really having a tough time getting back in the groove. Monday school started again after 2 weeks out of the classroom. My students were a little crazy after being stuck in the house during their vacation due to two big snow storms. THEN today school was called because we are in the middle yet another winter storm. We have had over 2 feet of snow in the last couple of weeks and drifts you wouldn't believe and now for the next 2 days the wind chills are -25 to -40. And winter has just begun!!!!!

That's why they call it a three dog night, you need that many critters, (fur family preferably) just to stay warm.....

Used to live in Iowa and that wind chill is wicked! Have frostbitten fingers to prove it, just about. Lotsa hot chocolate and quilting in your immediate future. Stay warm, stay safe and try to laugh.

Love, Light and Laughter,

Abigail

Milennenium Owner since Oct. 08, She's Mai Linn. Pun completely intended.

Hmmmm, it's not that I don't want to quilt. Just so much to do between dr's visits of one sort or another, back to school stuff for Hannah, volunteer orgs, phasing out of day job, . . . . . . But I am making myself doodle every night practicing various designs before I go to bed. If I put the designs under my pillow when I sleep, maybe they'll creep into my head and fingers for tomorrow . . . . .

Lynn

Lynn Founatin

Fountain Fiber Arts, LLC

fountainfiber@bellsouth.net

Oh yeah, I did complete one customer quilt, but I have the "fiddlidies". Like, you get so distracted by everything, go wandering off in many diffrent directions, can't remember what you were going to do even. I think it was to much sugar at Christmas, I'm still on that sugar high!

829834B6A4EFB2C9917C5B33099F9108.png

Well I did finished the quilt the day I started this thread, went pretty quickly once I got working on it...then the past 2 days nothing but customer appointments/drop offs so never got around to loading another quilt until tonight (a batik top and bottom) and I am having nothing but major troubles with shredding top thread and top thread breakage and even an occasional skipped stitch. Took off my needle plate and clean out the hook assembly really good but still dosen't fix the problem. :mad: Just sent DH out on the hunt for some emory cord and 320 embroidery cloth to see if it is because of a burr or something.

At least it isn't the weekend, lol! if we can't fix the problem tonight I will have to call the factory tomorrow.

The needle wasn't the problem and that was the first thing I did.

It took my DH a few minutes to smooth out the hook with the 320 grit sanding thingy but it took him several hours to re-time my machine and several broken needles because his adjustments were a little off each time. But it looks like he finally got it timed right, I tested it out on a sample sandwich and it seems to be fine now. I made him write down what he did that finally worked and stuck the paper in my manuel for the next time it needs to be done (hopefully not for a long time).