all jazzed up

I have just paid for my new millennium , waiting for shipping . I am so excited and terrified all at the same time . I know that I will have fun with my new [toy] millennium . But will I be good enough to quilt for clients . Would like any feed back from anyone , and those of you who at one time felt the same way .......

I remember feeling the same way. Overjoyed that "Princess Stitchy" was finally on her way to me, and at the same time "what in the world have I done?!!"

I practiced a LOT on "ugly" fabric my mother in law picked up at yard sales. Then I moved on to my sisters' quilts. Luckily I have 3 sisters and a mom who all quilt and trusted me with their tops. This gave me plenty of experience on real quilts. Before long other people were asking me to to quilt their tops too. I haven't had time to make a quilt of my own in quite a while.

Good Luck to you and just know that with practice you WILL be good enough!!!

I'm also a newbie;

I just got my Mill. set up & haven't had a chance to take her for a test run as yet. When I set up my quilting room (formaly known as the rec-room) I set things up a little to tight, (my butt is a tad more ample than I had estimated) so I'm rearanging everything around again, to have more room to move around the table.

I'm giving myself the whole summer to get some what compedent, & I plan to PPPP butt off. Also I'm going to Innovations 2006 in Tacoma WA. it's in Sept. there are a ton of classes to choose from, I don't have any LAr's in my area to show me the ropes, so that's all I have by way of instruction.

Best of luck to both of us, I'll be on the forum everyday to ask for help & to read all the comments you great quilters have to impart to us newbies.

I am trying to get my Millie paid for they can ship her. Don't these bankers know that we have more important things to do than wait? I am just like you, I am scared to death and then when I researched long arm quilters in my area yesterday (why I didn't do that before I don't know) I find out there are many and one of them is Kay Oft. Now how can I compete with any of them beings I am a newer than newbie?

I know I wouldn't have the courage to even continue or even try in the first place without all of the wonderful ladies on this site.

Geraldine, I will look forward to meeting you in Tacoma.

Bekah

Bekha, Bekha, Bekha, :)

Now try to remember that your friend Kay did not start out doing the kind of work she is now. ;)

Do we know how to walk or speak when we are born?

We must practice, practice, practice, & then all of the sudden you are off & running!

Same is true with our quilting as you know, be patient with your self & allow the process to flow. Sure we all have some off days, but nothing compares to the joy we have on the good days!

You & Miguel are going to have *too* much fun, my "quilting guy" side kick (Chris) & I are looking forward to our time together!

Friendships are meant to be & look at the ones you have already been blessed with since last week-end!

You are a good time & a joy to be with, you'll wonder why you did'nt start sooner as the saying goes! :P

Linda,

I know you are right and I am really looking forward to finding out what I can do.

We got the shop cleaned out and tentative approval for the FULL loan so hopefully next week we will be able to get our machines on the way. YEA

Miguel is already planning on coming to Innovations. HaHa, new purple shirt and all. He says I can piece and he will long arm. Now does this sound like a guy who wants nothing to do with the quilting side of things.:P

Looking forward to meeting your husband and taking my lesson.

Eagerly scared,

Bekah

Originally posted by Bekah

Linda,

I know you are right and I am really looking forward to finding out what I can do.

We got the shop cleaned out and tentative approval for the FULL loan so hopefully next week we will be able to get our machines on the way. YEA

Miguel is already planning on coming to Innovations. HaHa, new purple shirt and all. He says I can piece and he will long arm. Now does this sound like a guy who wants nothing to do with the quilting side of things.:P

Looking forward to meeting your husband and taking my lesson.

Eagerly scared,

Bekah

Thank You all for your encouragement . Makes me a NEWBIE feel alittle better , still not sleeping much .

I will just practice , practice , and practice some more .

Gosh there is so much infromation on this site it really is overwhelming . I am so thankful for those of members who know what is going on and are willing to share with all .

Quiltsinmotion

Carol Currier

Port Orford , OR ;)

My first post so if this shows up oddly you will know why. The table was a little tight in my room so very involved DH cut a niche into the drywall so the motor could extend 4" into it. He also made it larger with shelves for thread too. Yes I know I am blessed.

Guest Linda S

That feeling is perfectly normal and I think we have all had it. I researched how many quilters were in my area before I bought my machine. There were about five of us. Now that I have had my machine for almost two years, there are about 15! :o You know, you would think that there wouldn't be enough business for us all, but I will soon have to cut off quilts for Christmas. I am BOOKED! Just enjoy yourself, practice, have patience with yourself and the machine, and perservere! You will do just fine.

Linda

Archived