Shana, thank you but.....

Shana, we all know how generous you are. You are giving and caring and you share what you have. Well, we, down here in the south, would like to thank you for the cold weather you must have sent from the North Pole but we are done now. We really, really appreciate you thinking of us but now you can keep the rest until next year.

I woke up this morning and the news said it was colder here than in Alaska. So, I thought of you. Ha!

Ahhh, that's why! Thank you Shana ... :D:):D

Snow and frost are also here in Germany for three weeks and for the weekend the weatherforecast is talking about a blizzard for Germany ... we will see. Always take the good site of a situation: so much snow means stay a lot of time at home, means a lot of time for sewing and quilting. :);):P

Originally posted by quiltingnanny

Hey Shana, if you are responsible for all this cold, the least you could do is send snow to Florida !:P Just butt-chilling temp.'s aren't enough. We have been 14 to 18 every day this week ! :mad: Give us something pretty to look at. Thanks Girlfriend !

Glenda

Hey Glenda, I agree!! If it has to be this cold here, it might as well snow! It sure would be pretty to look at.:)

Aha its the russians trying to make buy more gas from them to keep warm.

The whole of the UK is grinding to a halt as we rely on salt to keep the roads clear and with these exceptionally low temperatures (for us) it isn't working. Here in the south we have had -10 C which is very unusual overnight and daytime temps are only 1 or 2 degrees above freezing so no thawing during the day. Its getting tedious now.

Still, more time to quilt.

Yvette

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Shana, I'm not blamming you, just so you know. And, for everyone else...it is -20c here :):cool:

And for those of us who don't speak Canadian -20C, is only -4F which doesn't sound so cold we are still in a heat wave here about 25F above zero. But it's coming.

It is now 28 degrees with 30 mile and hr winds (gusts higher) here. The wind on your skin should feel like 10 degrees. This is the high for today. Tonight will be somewhere around 18. If this is global warming I am not impressed. :P

Jenny, I deal better with cold than with hot! We handle the hot by jumping in the pool. I have been known to run a couple of outdoor fans out near the pool for those really hot ones. If you need some relief from the cold, come visit me for a few days. :D

Do not send any cold weather to Fla as we will all be paying much more for our fruit and veggies. I don't know where it is coming from (the Artic I hear but it way too cold here in Dallas We are not used to this We wrapp out pipes and worry about the pool freezeing as we do not shut down our pools in the winter like the north does. I gripe about our heat in the summer but when it gets this cold I say I will not gripe anymore but here come August and I am griping. Maybe in 2010 I will try and keep my mpouth shut. (hard for me to do lol Ann

Archived