Clamshell charge????

Is this for an overall clamshell design? I'd charge ALOT!! LOL!

But seriously, Jeri - how are you planning to quilt it....do you have an acrylic template? Using Circle Lord? Freehand?

Some methods are quicker than others and you will want to take your time into account.

Personally, I would consider an overall clamshell design to be priced as custom due to the amount of time/density of quilting etc..

Sherri Dolly

Millennium

Hi Jeri,

I'd definitely charge custom if using a template. I have only done one overall clamshell and used an acrylic ruler. It took a long time to realign with the previous stitching and the quilt lines. I loved the accuracy the ruler gave, but personally, I don't think I'd want to do another one. It was done at the customer's request on a repro quilt. I'm sure other methods would be faster.

Kay

Sherri and Kay thanks for your answers. I will include clamshells in my custom category, I'm in the process of rewriting some forms and info sheets on my new computer, My ancient Word Perfect doesn't want to transfer to my new Microsoft Office without turning the tables in gobbldygook.

I had told this customer it would fit the custom charges and sent her a photo of the design. If she had decided on that I would be using circle templates, one of these days I'll figure out that Hartley Fence.

She wants an overall with the vertical type, like in Linda'a Taylor's book where she's doing the little freehand sampler. I know I've seen pantos somewhere of this but I think I'd quickly draw it on the quilt and do it from the front as I know I'd put those lines on the tops of the "shell" right into it using a panto.

Archived