Yurt Interior...Finally!!

DoryJM

I don't know how to post from webshots to here to give you lots of photos at once, but if you click on the link, there's several interior pictures.

Its lovely having a designated quilting space. We still have some more work to do, but I promised photos today and I made it with 30 minutes to spare...whew!!:)

http://community.webshots.com/album/576288858QBbvoR

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dory,

So that is what a yurt looks like - how cool! I love how you have set up your quilting space and with the high ceiling, it must feel so open! Remember the old Bill Cosby show where his wife got her own room and no kids were allowed in...she would just go there and dance around and just enjoy it! That's how I felt when I had my basement finished and I bet you feel that way too! Enjoy your own quilting space!

Oooh - I like it!

Explain again about the radiant floor and the lil' stove - how d'you keep the temperature from fluctuating too much in there (knowing how &*%$ cold it gets there in the winter).

Weren't you going to stain the floor, or did you change your minds?

Good job DnD!

Lucy

Oh how very nice. I know just how you feel. We finished me studio about 18 months ago. I;ve spent many hours days and months dancing the hppy quilting studio dance. Now we are adding storage room for all the fabric and a bathroom. I'll be able to live thee now!

I'm so happy for you. I love the high ceiling. How about the view away from the yurt and beautiful home?

THANKS FOR SHARING WITH US, DORY!

wow, what a feeling of accomplishment you must feel having now been all moved in and finally able to enjoy the fruit of your labors! It looks wonderful, so warm and cozy with that little wood stove. It looks to have alot of good natural light as well. I hope you enjoy every minute of your time spent in there.

Archived