S/R seems to be not working correctly

I sent this to Connie at 8 this morning and have yet to receive a response. Maybe someone else can help me. It happened twice last night and has happened twice since I sent this e-mail to Connie and it looks like I'm going to have to use a friend's machine to get the quilts done. I'm afraid the needle is going to tear a quilt when it just stalls.

After changing the circuit boards, the stitches are fine and the channel lock isn't coming on when I turn the machine on. But, I have another problem. This happens rarely and I can't duplicate it. It happened a couple of times before I changed the circuit boards and again last night. I was quilting a panto and had made three rows and everything was fine. Then on one row, it did this twice. Then I quilted five more rows and it worked fine. I have checked everything and because the machine works perfectly most of the time, I don't think it's anything that needs adjusting.

When it messes up, I can feel the machine starting to drag . . like it is just falling asleep. I can't even get it to move . . it just slows down and stops. The S/R is still on and beeping but the only way to get it to move is to hit a button to turn off the S/R. As it is "dying", it starts to make huge stitches before it just stops. I'm attaching two different pictures.

Please let me know what I need to do to fix this.

Hi Judy,

It looks to me like your little rubber wheels on the black boxes are slipping. You should check and see if they feel slippery when you try and move them with your thumb and finger. They should be very tight and grippy, if that's a word. :) You can tighten them up by loosening the gold bolt from the underside of your carriage wheel, squeeze the black box and your carriage wheel together, hold it there and then retighten the gold bolt. This will bring the rubber wheel in tighter to the carriage wheel so it won't slip. Try that and see how it goes, it you still have problems, let us know.

Good luck!

Judy this was happening to me

On the Back encoder (at back of machine above Left Commands) I had a small gob of thread that wasn't visible with a flash light. My DH loosened it and WALA there is was.

My machine was being going along just fine and suddenly be harder to move and have this drag.

Just my experience. When I first looked I found nothing but when my DH took a closer look it was caked up in the Grease that is up close to the spool or below the encoder where it turns.

• 5 weeks later...

Mark:

I did what you suggested and even though I didn't think the little rubber wheel moved any closer, I've done three pantos now and have had no problems so I'm thinking everything is fixed.

Thanks! And, thanks Sherry for your offer to help.

Archived