We have IQ on our Lenni

That's right, we are the first ones to have an IQ put on our Lenni. Just want to let everyone know that It works great. Zoltan has designed a new carriage that goes with the IQ/Lenni combination that makes the addition of an IQ on the Lenni a snap & it sews beautifully, no issues with the weight of the tablet or anything like that with the new carriage setup.

I'd be happy to answer any questions that anyone has about it. Of course I'd also be happy to sell you an IQ to go on your Lenni, or other APQS machine :) , as new Intelliquilter Reps.

The stitching is beautiful. The tension is exactly the same as before installing the IQ, again perfect. For anyone with questions about stitching differences, I will say that we are strong supporters of Compuquilter & Intelliquilter and that we have also heard talk that the stitching of Intelliquilter is not as nice as Compuquilter. We have not found this to be true. We've run test using the same speeds & stitches per inch & found them to be almost identical in stitching quality. The bottom line is that there are primarily two factors that make stitch quality what it is: 1) the machine - if your machine stitches are nice before a computerized system they are going to be nice after adding a computerized system, with all other things being equal. 2) Speed has a lot to do with how stitching looks. Some patterns require slower speeds than others, it's a fact of life, the more complicated the pattern the slower you might have to stitch.

IQ has a slightly higher default sewing speed than CQ and it might be that some sewouts have been done at the default speeds, but they are not necessarily equal. As with almost any computerized system you can adjust the speed settings and that needs to be done sometimes. When all things are on an equal playing field both IQ & CQ perform beautifully as far as stitch quality. Fact is that I have tested more patterns than I care to even think about at so many sizes, so many speeds, etc and kept records of many of them. When I compared the sewouts of IQ & CQ there was no way to tell the difference when they were stitched at comparable speeds & the same stitches per inch.

This might not make me popular, but the truth is that a computerized system often performs as good at the person operating it is willing to make it perform, by making adjustments to speed, stitch length, etc. And the other component is the machine that a system is added to.

I will try to get some pictures up on our site of the whole set up within the next week or two. Please let me know if there are any questions.

Has any one else checked out the computer system Homesteader has at a mere fraction, about 1/3 of the cost of CQ and IQ?

I've seen it run, more than once, stitches very nicely, and only one plug like a phone cord plug attaches to the back corner of the machine. It has nice simple patterns and more detailed.

Thanks for the info you got us, and congrats on your new status.

I'm considering the one The Homesteaders make... Will be saving up for a couple years, then go shopping.

see it at "www.thehomesteader.com"

Ritar

I don't know anything about Homesteader, never heard of it.

A lot of you know that I have the IQ on my Millie and I love it.

It's simple to use, very accurate and Zoltan keeps "giving" us updates and new features. Jess I was really happy when I saw that you got the Lenni IQ. I know Zoltan was looking hard for a Lenni to install IQ on. I'm not an IQ rep or installer but I put pics of IQ on my millie on my webshots. I can't say anything about COMPUQUILT because I'm never seen it. I live in VA Beach so if you're near and want to see the IQ come on by. CONGRATS Jess!!!!

Originally posted by Gator

I know Zoltan was looking hard for a Lenni to install IQ on.

Wish I had known that! He could have put it on mine for testing.:P

Jess, did they also put the Edgerider wheels on the Lenni? Just curious since they are still testing the wheels. Have lots of people wanting the Lenni wheels.

Thanks,

Patty

Patty, I'm not Jess but I do know that Zoltan always has the techs change our APQS wheels to Edgeriders. If you're interested in the Lenni IQ, I would call Zoltan, he's been looking for a long time for Lenni owners who may want IQ. The fastest place to find him is on the IQ yahoo group site.

hi jeanne,

so sorry about the name mix up. i realized i did that after i sent the message.

thanks for the info about the side winder. i'm gonna try my bernina machine and my feather weight as well. i'll let you know. thanks jeanne.:) shea

Shea

If you are having a problem to reply to the U2U what you need to do is go the the bottom where reply is and click the box that says post and then put your curser up on the top line and give a few enters with the keyboard this will create some space to type, arrow up to the space and type your reply and then go to the bottom and hit whatever is there post/reply/ or whatever itis. hope that is clearer than it appears. hope the sidewinder works if not pitch it to the curb that is where it belongs. I wish APQS would come up with a better solution. The one that they sell I think from Hartley or whomever is good but who wants to pay 300 dollars for a bobbin winder. :cool:

Archived