Easy No Knead Crusty Dutch Oven French Bread

Shana......... I went out and bought a dutch oven pot just to make this bread. It was a hit! I was asked where I bought it and what is it called. My answer was....."Shana French Crusty Bread" came from Alaska. Comment was "really"? lololo Thank you for the receipe, love it. Do you have a receipe for the pizza crust that you post with Mary?????? That really looked good too.

Rebecca

Originally posted by rlhdesigns

Do you have a receipe for the pizza crust that you post with Mary?????? Rebecca

Pizza Crust:

Basically it's just french bread recipe:

1 cup of warm water

1 tsp yeast, disolleved

3 cups of flour

1 tsp salt

(you can add 1/4 cup of oil to the recipe if you want, but not necessary)

Let that rise and roll and shape and put it on a pizza peel and quickly top it with whatever you toppings you like to eat. I have a big heavy ceramic baking stone I preheat in my oven at 450 degrees. The stone helps make nice crispy chewy crust.

Shana - I made your delicious crusty french bread tonight and my friends loved it. We only went thru 1 cube of butter!! YIKES -Then I proceeded to beat them at Canasta. You know you soften them up with good food and then beat them at cards. Sounds like a good way to spend a Friday night. :D:D:D:D

Originally posted by hmerrill

So Shana does the pizza dough have to raise as long as the bread dough?

No, you just knead the pizza dough (I am lazy---I use my breadmaker machine to knead the dough) and let it proof one time. Then pull dough out of the breadmaker, flatten out the air bubbles, shape it into a ball and let rest for 10 minutes and then roll out/shape into a pizza crust and top it with goodies pop in the oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on how golden you like your crust. :)

Thirty more minutes and I will punch down my bread dough and start its 2nd rising. I have ham, cabbage, potatoes and green beans in a big pot on top of the stove. It is smelling so great about now tha:Pt I want to eat NOW! I guess I really need to wait till about 6:30. Like Shana, I can't wait for the bread to cool...I like it Hot with mounds of butter!

Archived