Green Tortilla Chili

Green Tortilla Chili

1 ea Rotisserie chicken, meat stripped off and shredded or 1 ½ lbs of leftover roast chicken or turkey meat

3 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil

1 ea Large onion, chopped

2-3 cloves Garlic, chopped

1 ea Jalapeno pepper, remove seeds and minced.

1 TBSP Chili powder

2 tsp Ground cumin

1 16 oz jar Tomatillo salsa (green salsa)

1 beer Any brand

1 quart Chicken stock

4 handfuls Corn tortilla chips

1 handful Fresh cilantro, chopped

2 ea Juice from fresh limes

Heat large pot over medium high heat with olive oil. Cook onions, garlic and Jalapeno pepper until soft (4 minutes). Add chili powder, cumin and cook for another minute. Add tomatillo salsa (green salsa), the beer, chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add shredded chicken or turkey. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, grind 2 handfuls of the tortilla chips and cilantro leaves in a food processor. Add this mixture to the chili and cook until thickened. Just prior to serving, add the lime juice and serve with corn tortilla chips on the side. If you like chicken enchiladas, you will LOVE this – tastes just like it.

Originally posted by marycontrary

.... you must have lived in the Southwest at some point in your life! ....

Nope! I'm a California/West Coastie Alaska Girl; never lived in the southwest or any other place.

I must have been a deep south girl in my previous life. I love anything Cajun; collard greens, gumbo, anything with cayanne pepper in it; or chili.... you name it.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
Originally posted by sandradarlington

This looks like another great recipe. Now STOP sending these! I am trying to loose weight!

Just kidding...well, not about needing to loose weight. Please, keep these wonderful recipes coming.

According to what I've been reading, the chili and peppers should help burn fat. The chicken is a diet meat. I think you'll be OK with this scrumptious sounding recipe.

Archived