Fallen officer

its very pretty - i really like it.

did you lose a police officer in your area recently? if so, then what a lovely gift the family will receive. i'm sure they will treasure it - for its obvious beauty and all the love behind it.

Starlight, this will be treasured by the officiers families.

For those who don't live in the Seattle-Tacoma areas, it's been pretty devastating for the communities as loosing 6 officiers during the holiday seasons has been just awful. People have been doing fund raising and rallying around the families to help them through this difficult time. I know these quilts will be very much appreciated.....Mercedes

Great quilting on a very pretty quilt.

I love Tennessee Waltz quilts--way easier than a DWR but with the same "circular" feel. The colors are great and your quilting is perfect. What a great cause.

One of the police officers was killed after a crash as he was headed to an emergency.

The other five were killed (four at one time in a coffee shop) by angry/malicious/determined crazy men. One of the murderers was killed the next day after being hunted down. The other murderer was paralyzed by a policeman's bullet as he was fleeing. He will stand trial.

Prayers for the families of the officers, their extended "family" on the force, and all officers who protect us.

Not too popular, but prayers please for the families of the crazy men who did this terrible thing. They have to sort through the pain of their loss and also how this has impacted the community.

Pretty heavy stuff--I am happy to lose myself in this quilty world when something like this happens to good people.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments everyone. Our community is working through the healing process. The quilts are the idea of the LQS owner. A very nice lady with a big heart. ;)

As for my quilting. I have learned most of what I know on this website. I am a big fan. My quilting is inspired by quilts I have seen on this site. I didn't use any stencils on this quilt. I am using them on another one, when I get it done I think I will post the pictures.

Thank you for the compliments. I still am learning - PPP.

Starlit,

That quilt is absolutely beautiful and I am sure it will be cherished. I wanted you to know that I work for a police department in Wisconsin and when that shooting happened in Washington, it shook our whole department. All of the officers were shaken and somber for days. We had an officer involved shooting in December in an adjoining community and our officers were involved in searching for the shooters. You have no idea how things like this affect them. They really take it to heart. God bless you for your beautiful work and gift of your talent and time.

Archived