CQ Problems Y axis

Lesley

Hi Everyone, I've got more problems I've spent 2 1/2 days unpicking a quilt as my cables had stretched over time:(, I've adjusted them and done 4 practice blocks. Loaded up the quilt and the first block quilted out fine but the next 2 have a gap in them. :( and the Y axcis seems loose I can move it around an inch back and forth I cant move it at all on the x axcis. its 9.15 pm over here and Sue will be in bed as she's going to Sydney tomorrow. Can someone help me I have to have this quilt finished by morning for a quilt show the following day so I will be staying up untill its finished.

Thanks in advance

Lesly,

If your y axis cable is too loose.... and I am assuming that you have taken up all the slack possible by adjusting the y return pulley farther out????

If it is still too loose, you can remove one of the tiny set screws that hold the cable at either side of the y cable pully motor spindle, pull out the end of the cable, and cut off a bit of the length. Put the cable back inside the hole and tighten down the set screw on it again.

:mad::o;) IMPORTANT!!! Before you actually cut the cable- readjust the y axis return pulley to the middle of the adjustment slot!!! This is very important so that you have the maximum length of adjustment travel (both ways) once the cable is re-installed.

If you want me to go through the steps with you over the phone while you do this, please give me a call. (573)576-3160 I'll keep my phone close to me today, just in case. :P

Thank you Tina, I had done all that and after having a kiniption and hyperventelating for 10 to 15 mins (LOL) I went through a process of elemination I knew what was wrong I had to find where the problem was:mad:. It turned out to be very simple, the black clamp that grips the Y axcis cable was sliding and not firm on the cable, so I tightened it and I was off and running again,:D

Sue and Cherie had been helping me over the weekend, I didn't want to ring them so late last night I know Sue was flying to Sydney today. Thank you for your help I would be lost without this forum I have picked up many a great tip here.

One thing I didn't do was put the retun pulley to the moddle of the adjustment slot when I shortened the cable. Will I have more problems in the future!!!!

;)No, it will not cause you more problems.... but it will cut down on the room for future adjustment.... No biggie to fret over though. :) LOL!!!

The primary reason I stressed that this step was important was just in case you cut the cable too short!!!!:mad: It is nice to have a little room to shorten the cable run if you have a too-short cable!! LOL!!!:cool::P

Glad to hear you found the simple cause and you're back up and quilting!!!!:D:P;)

Archived