I'm a Newbie Too

Hi. I have finally gotten up enough nerve to introduce myself to all of you very talented people. :) I have been reading, admiring and learning from all of you for a little over a year now. I bought my Lenni the end of June '09 and I have been having a ball ever since! I have spent many hours ppp'ing and trying new things. I attended 2 days of classes in August with Dawn, which were absolutely fantastic. :D

So far I have quilted 4 quilts (3 of them were for my grandkids for Xmas) 3 table runners, 4 place mats, 2 fleece blankets and an apron. I sewed my binding on the last two of my quilts using Lenni after seeing the video on UTube showing how to do this! Wow, I will never sew another one on with my DSM after this. I just finished a quilted apron for my DIL for her birthday and I even attached the binding for that with Lenni.

I didn't buy Lenni with the intentions of starting a business but I am hoping that I will be able to get some customer quilts to quilt so that I have even more "excuses" to use Lenni. I am absolutely addicted!

I have learned so much from all of you already so I decided it was time to stop hiding and thank you. I am looking forward to getting to know all of you. I will post some pictures of my quilts as soon as I have a little time to try and figure it out....maybe this weekend since we're expecting freezing rain. :(

Have a great weekend. :D

Hello Marilyn

So glad that you came out of lurkdom to introduce yourself and tell us about your new Lenni. Seems we have had quite a few new Lenni's over the past year or so. I also have a Lenni and purchased mine about 18 months ago. I too have learned more from this forum in the past 18 months than in my whole 12 quilting years. Taking a class from Dawn was a very smart way to get a good start on your quilting. I know you must have learned alot and are having a wonderful time practicing all you learned.

Please do post some pictures and show us what you have done so far. Welcome!

Marilyn,

Greetings from one newbie to another.

I got mine 8 weeks ago. I'm still in my training pants.

The problem is, if you can't draw it you can't sew it. So here I'm

p.p.p. on my white board, lots of erasers and Dawn Ramirez's

DVD. If you have any newbie hints willing to share, please let

me know.

Welcome to this great forum.

Yes, the more I do, the more things I think of to use Lenni for! :) My husband has been teasing me because he says every time he turns around, I'm trying something different in my "Lenni Room". I told him well at least he can't complain that I have expensive toys that never get used. :D:D

I have been so interested in all the discussions on this forum. It feels like one big family and I wanted to be a part of it, instead of just observing from the sidelines so I knew it was time to join in.

I'll try and take time later today to figure out how to post a couple pictures of some of my projects. My goal today is to finish the last two blocks for a quilt that is machine embroidery/applique. This was a BOM project in 2009 but I had to hold off on finishing mine so that I could get the quilts made for 3 of my grandchildren for Xmas. So now I'm back at it and I have been deciding how I am going to quilt it while I'm working on the blocks so I'm eager to get it together!

I love it when new quilters come in and join in... Welcome Marilyn, and Janette if I've not greeted you.

To post a pict, there are things I have to remember.

Get it small enough. Usually Email size works for me.

Be sure to use the "reply" button at the bottom right or top right of the chat, don't just come down to this Quick Reply box.

Do NOT use the preview or review botton after down loading.

I load directly from my computer, though I've used web shots a lot.

main thing is to Enjoy and not get Frustrated.

Ritar

Archived