mountain mist

I hat this stuff!!!. Customer brought 2 quilts and 2 bags of the high loft. I tried to unroll it and it rolled back up like a rubber band. Could hardly keep it down long enough to quilt it. I would refuse to take it but I need the business one and two after you do get it nailed down it is really puffy and nice. I seem to be the patron saint of messed up quilts because I get A LOT of them. I tell myself this quilt is special to someone and give it my best effort. ANYWAY just had to whine.

Nora

Naw.......I get my share of messed up quilts and batting.....so go ahead and whine! We all need to once in a while! I had one customer who gave me a bag of batting with her quilt. It was just a bunch of small leftover pieces of batting of all sorts and brands. Nothing remotely alike! When I called her, she told me she thought I could, "just sew them together for" her and use them. Right! All different lofts! I told her she could use them on "small projects like potholders or place mats" and asked which batting she wanted to purchase for her quilt! It was an OMG moment!

I also hate mtn mist bat..same reasons as you have.

Right now I have a DWR on the frame and the cust wants it puffy with poly bay...AHHHH!!!!!!

I put a layer of QD request 100%,this is so thin it works for this situation,poly bat and then another layer of QD. It's quilting up so nice..no lumps or bumps.

It's puffy and smooth.

I had no way of getting QD puff asap so I had to do this.

Archived