Found an interesting thread source...UPDATE 2/4

Hi all,

On another forum there has been some talk of a thread source with incredible prices. $2.00 per cone!!!

I just ordered a large assortment of 34 cones for $68 and change. Then they gave me a quantity discount of 10%. Shipping was a little steep but came to less than 50 cents per cone so not that bad. It is said to be embroidery thread but the person on the other group said it work very well on her longarm. Anyway, I figured at that price, if I don't like it, I'll chock it up to my quest to be a lifelong learner and donate it to a friend with an embroidery machine.

Here is the link:

www.metroemb.com

Take a look, I am interested in your thoughts.

I would like to hear how all of you that are ordering this thread like it too. The colors are sure nice!

I do a lot of machine embroidery and use Robison-Anton. This sort of reminds me of that type of thread. Even the cone spindle looks similar.

I've never tried Robison-Anton on my machine though.

Originally posted by newellyn

Hi Dory,

Yes I got my vac from Costco and absolutely LOVE it, never thought I would say that about a vacuum. It is a Bissell, Garage Pro.

By the way, I enjoyed seeing the pics of the yurt, looks great.

Thanks, Lynda, now I know what I'm looking for. I LOVE my yurt!! Dinners are a rarity at our house anymore!!:D

I use Isacord embroidery thread alot on Frogger...so I would think that this thread would work just as well. I am loooking at the prewound bobbins too.

40 wt is similar weight to So Fine I believe. Bottom Line is 50 weight. Polyquilter is 19 weight. The thread is thicker/heavier as the number gets smaller. Thinner as the number increases.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you who asked know, I recieved my thread Monday and got a chance to try it out today. I used 9 of the colors in a little quilt I am working on and it was wonderful. Very pretty colors, absolutely no issues with tension, breakage or anything. This quilt is mostly batiks and is made in 1/2 inch squares so very thick. No problems!!!

I'll post pics in the next couple of days when I get it done.

Archived