Need Advice on Template

circlelord

Hi,

I have had this template, called Bamboo around since early last year. I didn't promote it because I wasn't enthused with it.

Now!, Kay, says, "do something with it, or get it out of my sewing room". "Please."

Is it "Deal, or No Deal"?. Do you think it's good enough to

add to the Circlelord family?

A Queen is 90 inches x 15" and priced the same as the Water.

Tell me here, or email using the Email button at the bottom.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Michael

post--13461903283035_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Michael,

If kay hasn't used it and wants it gone, maybe there is a small hint?. ;):D

Personally I like it but I think it is not as versatile as other that you have. It would look really good on a Man's quilt!! Mostly we need to get something softer going in most of the quilts that is why I think the spiral type patterns are so popular.

Maybe you need to have a "Special Order" section - available on request type pattern and keep this as a prototype?

Love my Circle Lord stuff!!

cheers,

Hi Michael - I think that would be great on a mans or childs quilt. There is a lot of quilting and kids need that. Kinda reminds me of the ribbon candy thing. It looks like it would be a fast pattern and could be used for charity quilts also because it is neutral not necessarily a womans or mans quilt.;) Can you do a small piece showing how it looks quilted? Sometimes that looks better and we can tell how much we like it. I agree with Susanne that you should have a Special Order section for things people want you to make but not everyone wants. Still, show them as an available template.

I actually like this design a lot. I have a quilt it would be perfect on. I had planned to do a small crosshatch using the Zig Zag template, but this would be much easier and better, I think, for the quilt I have in mind, which I made recently and haven't quilted yet.

It reminds me of a basketweave.

Yes, I like it a LOT.

Maybe I could buy the prototype if you don't go into production with it. Because I know I would use it.

Michael, I really like this too. I have a batik quilt pieced for my son and have been searching for the perfect solution. I used the spiral on our grandson's quilt, and have used baptist fans on one for his wife. Just wanting something a little different!

I think it is great!

Marilyn

for what its worth - i really like it. it is a nice change from the feathery/swirly/circly ones i see all the time. and, imho, it's harder to freehand something that is real organized like this one. you can fudge alot more when you cant really tell what the pattern is close up. at least i can, anyway. i am certainly not an expert, but, that's my 2cents.

Hi,

I forgot to show you what it would look like if you mounted it

longway across the machine.

I think that it would be better done in a smaller size, such as

the size of the Pampas Grass. Then it can be used for both

mid-arm and Long-arm machines, and be able to be shipped to

Australia.

I, also, need a name for it. How about "Ribble"?

Cheers,

Michael

post--13461903296177_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by Hollyrw

I have a pattern board with a "straight" version of this and it's a little boring. This one looks much more interesting.

I'm trying to picture in my mind this patter in a straight version and I'm not getting it...it is early, but I have had my 2 cups of coffee....just a little fuzzy maybe :D But I do agree, I think this is interesting.

If it is small enough, it might work as a background fill. I've had some quilts with applique, like with a basket in the center of a huge block, then pieced blocks, then borders. This could be a background fill behind the basket.

I'm using my imagination...can you guys see that...you are in my brain now...that's scary isn't it :D:D:D

Archived