Need Advice on Template

circlelord

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting.... at first all I saw was a bunch of "F's" and "M's" in the board, but after you posted the photo of the overall design, I like it more. It really does look like a maze or a woven pattern! Would be great on a turning twenty quilt made out of those flannels that look like wool / tweed - awesome!

• 5 months later...

Whatever happened to this template? I am in the process of looking for a background filler, but in small...really small designs.

I think I need to talk to Michael re: some very small intricate background designs. I have drawn up 3 so far..but this one's kinda cool too. A little big for my fillers on some quilts, but hey, it could be made in 3 sizes!!!!! Why not?

I used paint to draw them, and i'm AWFUL in paint!

But, if you can imagine them very small, and "even" they are just beautiful as intricate background fillers.

I know we are all looking for those intricate background fillers for so many quilts...wholecloth..and otherwise! Some areas where your tired of McTavishing, or micro-stippling.... etc.

We could call them Micro-Treads.

Michael...what-cha-think?

Perhaps he could do these fillers on a block like he did with the sunburst template, wouldn't be as easy to do a whole row with, but would definitely be easy to do background around applique, etc and being from the front, you would easily see where to start/stop.

Marjorie, That's exactly what I was thinking!

I'm thinking an 18" plate, maybe even divided in half or thirds, as we can easily move that template around anyway...putting it exactly where we want it...and the 18" is perfect!

They are inspired from actual tire treads...hence "treads"

I love the spine name too!

The maze race would be awsome in both BIG templates for the back of the machine, and in mini-micro up for the front of the machine as a background filler! As little as 1/2" per individual square design..= 1/2" for the horizontal in and outs...and 1/2" for the vertical in and outs.

Hope you can mini-micro those designs Michael! ...

I have a few other's in the back of my head, but not quite figured out yet..

P.S. Michael...that last tread design...the lines are all curved. None of them are straight! I draw horrible in Paint.

Archived