Needle Eye and Hook Rotation

Mary Beth

It got a bath this morning right before I started quilting....probably 40 minutes ago. Sprayed with WD40, wiped out with a cloth and a q-tip, then oil. I have only used this machine about a dozen times since MQS when she was overhauled. It can't be anything too bad....but I'm not liking this.

Originally posted by Mary Beth

but, there is a grinding rattly sound coming from the bobbin area. I took the bobbin out and turned it on and it is still doing it. What is that!? This is getting very, very frustrating.

When was the last time you repacked the bottom gears....??? that may be your grinding/rattling noise.

OK MB, this what I mean by "scrubbing behind the ears"... try taking off the needle plate and blow it out while it's spinning slow; do it for at least a minute. Then squirt the dickens with WD40 down through the hole on those moving parts while it spins slow. Saturate the entire area with with several good squirts of WD40 and spin slow for at least a minute. Then turn up speed to spin out the stuff, wipe off the walls, then put at least 3-5 good drops of oil from the top down through the hole (where the metal parts are...while spinning slow, and hit the hook area with some oil too.

Now see if it is still making noise. :)

Yaaaaaaaaay :P I love happy endings!

Mary Beth, where I live, it is very dry here; we have little moisture in the air. So, I have to oil my machine more often. I just got in the habit of it, so when I did it, I would do the WD40 routine every few quilts or so (depending on how my machine was behaving) and ever since I started doing this my machine just purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs. :)

And I am happy to know that there is not a Millennium for sale in KCMO.

Archived