I pay for my account at webshots. I've had it for lots of years and I have "never" gotten a virus, trojan or anything else while visiting their website.

I wrote to them and here's what they had to say:

Webshots downloads are 100% free from viruses. We scan and verify ALL files before we make them available. Download with confidence! The software is safe.

Sorry but I believe them.

MalWare is running wild on the internet now. So if you don't have that little piece of sofware go to

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

I personally feel that's what people are seeing instead of trojan horse. JMO

I hope webshots is okay. My computer got a nasty virus during the holidays. My laptop even froze up the geek squad computer at Best Buy when I took it in! They said it was the worst they had ever seen (virus that is) It was a trojan horse. They had to wipe the hard drive and I lost everything that hadn't been backed up. I know it wasn't webshots because I was too far behind to get on there to upload anything or look at anything for several weeksl

A couple of days ago, I went to Webshots and immediately got a warning from my virus protection software. I don't know much about computers, but the software program asked me if I wanted to block access to my computer. I said yes, and was still able to see what I went there to view and I haven't had any problems with my computer since then, so whatever it was must have been blocked by my software. Still...wouldn't that indicate there was some kind of threat from Webshots????

I also had a nasty bunch of "worms" on my laptop. I was without a computer for a week. (: I didn't loose my files, but what a PITA! I don't have a webshots account, but I love to view pictures that others have put up. I don't know where the worms wiggled their way in, but I was told it was full of them. Could be Webshots, or anywhere else for that matter.

I've seen to many posts concerning webshots and the virus or trojan horse. I loved using the site and have all the updated protection but to me it's not worth taking a chance. There are many other "free" sites to use for pics. It's just like anything else, it's each person choice to use it or not.

Archived