Where to purchase fabric wholesale?

I would like to know where to purchase fabric at wholesale price?

Also has anyone used water soluable thread in your longarm - to do trapunto.

How did it work and what adjustments did you need to make - Tension?

Sincerely,

Pam

Pam:

On the water soluble thread, yes, I've used it with great success. I use it for trapunto and for basting quilts. On either, I don't worry a whole lot about stitch quality since it's coming out. I loosen my top tension and keep my bobbin tension correct for whatever bobbin thread I'm using (usually bobbin leftovers).

On buying fabric wholesale, what type of fabrics are you wanting? If you're wanting small quantities, you may want to check Brewer or Checker Distributing. Quilters Resource and Marshall Drygoods also sell wholesale but I've never purchased from them. If you're wanting to stock a quilt shop, you may want to go with individual fabric manufacturers and their reps .. Moda, Hoffman, P&B, etc.

I keep about 12 bolts of printed extra wide backing fabrics, one bolt each of bleached and unbleached muslin and that's about it.

I buy a lot of fabric from Fabric.com, they are a liquidator and sell most fabrics for about $4.00 a yard. They have a good selection and it changes rapidly but lots of quilting fabric and they do have the 108" wide fabric for backing most of the time. They are terrific to deal with. My favorite site.:D

Hi Pam, where are you? I buy backing fabric and sometimes other fabrics from Fabriqulit (they have quilt shop quality and down to the quilt fabric walls at Joann's and Hancock Fabrics). They do have some really nice backing fabrics that you can order wholesale with a tax I.D. number. I'm lucky as they are here in Kansas City and I can go and feel the fabric before I buy and take it home. Check your phone book under wholesale fabrics and see if ayone is there. jeri

Guest Linda S

The above resources are great. If you want mini bolts of wide muslin for backings, Hancock's of Paducah has just started to carry the wide widths of muslin in 15 yard mini bolts. The price is great. That's what I bought for my PPP!

Linda

Archived