Quiltazoid Continuous Templates Question

I have the Circle Lord pattern boards. I buy enough pieces to fit across my frame, although, if the quilt is small, I may not set all of them up if not needed. I don't know if you can even buy sections from Circle Lord, but even if that's an option, I like to use the blue painter's tape and tape my sections down so they can't shift as I move the stylus through the grooves. My definate preference would be to buy enough to fit across your frame, rather than leap-frog. Of course, JMHO, and the quiltazoid may be different than the CL in the way it is set up, so my rationale may not apply.

Originally posted by sandradarlington

I don't know if you can even buy sections from Circle Lord...

I had to get an 11 ft. table for my Millie due to the size of the room. I have the Circle Lord and some of the long templates and to accommodate the shorter table, Michael sells a Queen + 1/2 size. I think this is generally 2-1/2 boards, so more than Queen length but less than King length.

I like having enough boards so that I can stitch continuously from one side of the quilt to the other and don't have to stop to leap frog because it is easier and faster. JMHO :)

Thank you so much for all your suggestions. It's good to hear about CL as well. You can never learn too much here, can you! I love it!

I'm leaning more towards getting a full set (I have a 14' table), although Kristina's idea is much more cost effective. And I really like four of them!!!! (sigh) I think I'll start with the BF and the Spirals at least.

Love to hear from any others who have any tricks up your sleeves or ideas you'd like to share regarding continuous templates. Thanks so much! :)

I'm off to bed, I just stitched star points on upside down -- sheeeesh!!! :P

I have Quilt-EZ and R&S pattern boards. I buy 2 and leap-frog them like Kristina. I'm sure it would be faster to have enough boards to go all the way across but they are not inexpensive. Having said that, I am considering buying additional baptist fan boards since I probably use that one the most.

Hi,

From the beginning 8 years ago, we have provided 2, 2+1/2, and 3 section Giant K"ching templates. CL long templates are 36" to 46", so we have only 2 to 3 joints. When you lay down a full length of template on non-slip mat, you have a stable set up that will not move while stitching.

So, you can stitch edge to edge, back and forth continuously. Even then, with a perfectly straight template set, your next row may not line up because of uneven quilt advancing. In this case you fudge the quilt all along the to get it to line up using the referencing holes on the template. Leapfrogging can lead to errors and frustration loss of time.

You can do a Queen quilt, 90 inches wide and 120 inches long, in 3-4 four hours, using the Swirls, or any of the other CL Giant templates. You should get minimum, .02 cents for this work. That is over $200.00 for 4 hours work.Time is valuable, even if you quilting just for yourself. (Figures for Longarm)

Circlelord templates usually have advanced complex designs, that easily repeat every time. In some cases, templates do several designs eg Zig Zag and Waves. Look at the pattern quality in Cl templates. Quality usually cost more.

The Swirls Template, your customers most popular, is 123 inches long, and is priced at $549.00. It has never sold for that. It has always been discounted up to 20%. Your cost is then, $439.00. Not that much more for a good investment in production tools.

And you can pay it in monthly payments, which would be

$36.00, as part of a $1200.00 purchase of templates. One quilt pays for $2400.00 of templates at $200.00 per month.

You will make money to help pay for those quilts that you do at less than minimum wage.

Circlelord's heavy duty back stylus set is only $49.00. It never wears out, and lifts and docks.

Circlelord has over 60 time-proven products.

Thank you for time.

Cheers,

Michael

I would probably buy enough to do a queen (that is the size quilt I do most often) and then if I had a king come in I could leap frog just the last board. I think the time taken to keep moving the boards would be too time consuming. I love Quiltazoid products. Working with Linda and Adam is fantastic too. They never hesitate to listen to your feedback and make their customers happy! Make sure you show us samples of your work!

Since I quilt mostly for myself...and predominantly freehand...I rarely use boards. But when I do, I leapfrog them. Have not had any problems in doing so.

If you are quilting for others...more boards makes sense...if you can justify the cost. Personally, I can't. I have lots of mouths to feed.

I too LOVE my Quiltazoid products. High quality. Linda and Adam are terrific too. :)

Thank you so much everyone. I can now see where leap frogging would be appropriate and when it would not, and that certainly helps in the decision making.

Thank you, Michael, for the information. I appreciate the time it took for you to respond, gives me food for thought. It's always great to be able to compare products and designs and be able to make an educated decision.

Well, this is almost as exciting as when I bought my Lilly!

:)

Linda:

We sent you an email regarding information about our continuous templates. Good luck with your decision! If we can be of further help, please let us know.

I love how we can ask a question on this forum and people are so willing to jump in and offer helpful advice on their personal experiences!

LindaJ

Archived