Studio cleaning

Originally posted by Sams Mom

You know that when Mary Beth cleans her studio, MQS can't be far off. Its like the Fat Tuesday of MQS season.:P

Hahaha! so true.

Speaking of Fat Tuesday, I'll bet New Orleans is a buzzing place right now with Superbowl and starting Mardi Gras.

I'm rooting for the underdog, as I always do. So... Go Saints!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary Beth I am in the process of doing the same thing, it is taking longer than expected....but that is another story. We finished remodling my son's old bedroom across the hall from my quilt room. Making this room my fabric room and putting in a large cutting table. Got all the new shelf units up and more than half my fabric collection put away (350+ bolts). Last night I heard a loud crash; one of the upper shelves came down which held about 75 bolts. When that crashed it took out a smaller unit that housed all my FQ bundles. The shelf is subpost to hold up to 500 pounds.....I didn't think 75 bolts weighed that much. Anyways I had to take the door off to get into the room, all that fabric had blocked the door. Now I have to repair the unit and add some extra bracing to the upper shelves. Some day I will have everything organized.....LOL

Originally posted by Sams Mom

You know that when Mary Beth cleans her studio, MQS can't be far off. Its like the Fat Tuesday of MQS season.:P

With friends like this....;):D:D

Okay, here is the scoop....

I am not finished....but Claudia is calling in just a few minutes to check in on me. I have my area where I "create" :D:D:D (I crack myself up) cleaned up and ready to sew.....Table is set up, big cutting map back on board, fabric layed out in color order, machine plugged in, extra bobbins ready to wind, iron heating up, cold pizza still in box from last night's dinner - ready and waiting for the next hunger pain to hit, one half drank soda melting in glass....I think I am ready for the call. Thank the Good Lord she can't see this mess.

Gotta go, I have 7 minutes to wind 4 bobbins and act like I am piecing.

And I have to write my notes that she gave me last time on a piece of paper that I can find...instead of on the palm of my hand....because at some point, I plan to wash that hand:P

Okay, she checked on me and all is cool. She is getting ready to go to bed....except...and she never does this....she is calling me again tomorrow!!! Just to check my progress. So it is good night to you all from me....cause I know what I gotta do...and there is a lot!! I may pop back in;)

Oh, I feel so energized reading about you all working. Started myself a couple of hours ago...now that the sneezing from dust has stopped, I'm taking a well deserved break. Let's call this 'spring cleaning' even though more snow is predicted.

Did you notice there were no 'before' pictures? Yeah! I'm not showing any either.

O.K. everyone back to work...unless you're sick...then back on the sofa for you.

OMG, you guys are too funny! MB - you are like Lucy! I love that...

OK girl, this is all your fault! Now the people from the "hoarders" show are gonna come to get me! I'm not sure there's a place to even walk in here right now.... not to mention that when you are asthmatic and have walking pneumonia you really should stay away from the dusty stuff...

I took a nap.. Had some apples and Havarti and juice and I feel a bit more energized... maybe I'll just put everything back and wait til spring!

LOL Luv you guys!

Originally posted by Bobbi47

OH! and MB and Heidi! GET BUSY! I wanna see those quilts! I've done 3 this year already and you two need to step it up! (mine are not show quilts though)

Some people are just such show offs!!!! My thread keeps breaking and I'm taking a break before I do a Mary Beth and hit my machine! Its making me crazy!

OK so I didn't pull a Mary Beth, I pulled a Shana instead! Pulled that machine apart and soaked it with WD-40 and then a good oiling. I solved my thread breaking for a little bit and then it started again. Put on a thread net, changed needles twice, checked tension again. Took thread net off, changed from a 4.0 to a 3.5 and walla. Stitching along again. It is metallic thread and the cone is running down so not sure if that is the problem. Finally pulled out the thread lubricant and that did the trick. I'm almost done with the center medallion. I have a figure eight wreath to do tomorrow and I pray that it works! It is in a 15" circle. I stopped tonight as I was just too tired!

Mary Beth and Jeanne I laughed at your thread tangle stories. I laugh out loud frequently at crazy things that happen to me. ....often caused by me

I have been wandering from tasks to computer to tasks today. I put a magnifier on the front of my machine this morning then later when I was loading backing fabric I caught sight of a furry green thing on my backing, startled I jumped back thinking it was a worm or something? yeah just a clump of threads MAGNIFIED.

I have made progress in taming my sewing area today, because I have found a young woman in the Air Force, living near me, who is a new quilter. I had been thinking I could probably cut all my stash in 1/2 and still have plenty (though I don't compare to Liam). This was just a project in my mind for later this spring when I had more time...But rather quickly I got her a couple boxes together....fabric, rulers,duplicate things... It was hard with some fabric, so I didn't stress, I just kept it for later or if it was larger put aside 1/3 for her. Didn't get near 1/2 .. maybe 1/15 of my fabric.

PeggyB

Archived