Studio cleaning

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it´s 9.15 am here in Germany ....and I checked in*loool*:cool:

Mary you seemed very busy;).............on your computer!:P

How many paper piecing parts are done? I will call you again tonight!:cool:

Your Quilt is really worth to be finished THIS YEAR for THIS THEME!

YES,YOU CAN!;)

Come on....girlfriend.....no cleaning excuses anymore!

My plans for today......I will go to the shop in some minutes and continue quilting - no cooking,no cleaning, no computer stuff!

Just me and my quilt:D:cool:

Have a great sunday....

Claudia

BTW.....I loved reading this thread,too - laughing and smiling with my morning coffee.

Peggy, how funny you thought the thread was a worm because it jumped out at you with the maginfier:P:P

how nice of you to share with a new quilter too. Sure wish I had met someone when I first started that wanted to share:o I can remember doing my first original quilt for my mother on mothers day and using up left over fabric from sewing projects, sure could have used a stash back then. She still has it hanging on her wall over her couch too, dont have a digital picture of it but it was octagon in shape and had attic windows with different scenes from her life on a farm and the label was a picture of us five kids when we were small on the back. The blacks have faded to a grayish now, gosh that was almost 15 years ago!! time sure does fly when you are having fun!!

Busted!!!

Okay, we are getting ready to have a huge snow storm...I have to go to the grocery store - quickly - dye my hair, nuf said....and Claudia...I made a boo boo on my paper piecing piece....and realized when I was trying to go to sleep last night what I had done...see...I can't even sleep because I'm worried about what you will do to me when you get here in May. And the statement you made, "Maybe your quilt will be haning next to mine." :o That is when I started praying, "Please, God, don't let them hang my quilt next to Claudia's" :D:D:D:D It was a sleepless night last night.....

Off to the store. No computer....But Claudia, today is Super Bowl Sunday....almost a holiday here in the states. I will move my machine up to the living room.

Mary Beth,

I just love reading this thread, although it makes me feel sooo bad in several ways:

First of all this darn word starting with clea- and ending with -ning has been dammed from my vocabulary a very long time ago (well, as far as my studio is concerned, that is) but I really should do at least a round of vacuuming...

Secondly, I'm amazed that you all seem to actually be QUILTING your MQS quilts already. Mine is still a half-pieced top on my design wall...

Instead of working on it today, we had my son's birthday party - we had a horde of 13-year olds over for brunch this morning before we took them to the ice skating rink for quite a bit of fun... Now it's my kitchen that needs a bit of work...

I can't wait to see all the wonderful quilts in creation right NOW!

Take care,

Birgit

Originally posted by birgitquilts

Secondly, I'm amazed that you all seem to actually be QUILTING your MQS quilts already. Mine is still a half-pieced top on my design wall...

Oh my gosh....Birgit, you could get into big trouble if Claudia finds out. No you won't. She knows that you always get it done and then some!! You will be fine. ;) Can't wait to see what you do this year. You always have beautiful creations.

If you like thread stories, has this ever happened to you? I was vacuuming the "Studio" and heard a shrill sound coming from the direction of the emboridery machine. I turned off the vacuum and listened - nothing - so I kicked it back on and finished my job. All done and nicely clean. Later I decided to change the bag and clean the beater-bar. An entire spool of thread was wrapped around the beater-bar. That was the shrill sound I heard; the thread coming off the spool! It took hours to cut all that thread away!!! Perhaps we should just leave our studios dirty.

I use Sewers Aid on King Tut too!

As for the MQS quilt. Well,I bought the challenge fabric. I have an idea/picture printed out. So far, that's it!! Sure looks colorful n my wall. I only hope I can do it justice!! hmmmmm... I might not get it done. Three t-shirt quilts came in on Friday. However, when I give her the price I think she'll come and get the shirts!!~~~ I can dream!! lol:P:P:P:P

Oh yes Sylvia , had that happen to me too. A length of Monopoly thread was hanging out of the drawer, and it got caught up in the hoover, by the time I realized what was happening just about the full spool was wrapped around the roller, and yes it did taken hours to cut away .

Another bug bare was the thread getting caught up in the wheels of my chairs. It got so bad that one of my wheels popped off.:P

I try to be tidy with thread pieces, but I still seem to end up with too much on the floor. :P

Sylvia I did the same thing once........so now I don't feel as bad. I have my embroidery machine on top of a sofa table (the kind that sits behind a sofa) along with my keyboard and monitor. One the lower shelf I have my thread rack and computer. I was vacuuming and I heard strange noise, turn off the vaccum and the noise stop; I thought the belt was bad and figured I was almost done, when done I would change the belt. Then the spool of thread came flying off the rack.....I felt like such an idiot!!!:P

Well you guys are cleaning and I'm destroying. I have been using my son's pool table for a cutting table for 2 years, it isn't working and takes up too much space. He is off Monday and Tuesday, and said he would round up his friends and attempt to get the pool table out, so he can frame and sheetrock in my room. He is extremely upset that I won't pile everything in the middle of the room and let him frame and sheetrock in his own time. I still have a customer quilt on and several of my own to piece and quilt. He doesn't get it, my husband doesn't like how I want it and all he does is complain that we should be doing it this way or that way. I'm in a mess. Maybe if I can get the kid to work on my room one day a week he would get done in a couple months. But he also has a new girlfriend. So I think mom got put to the bottom of the list.

As for vacuuming up strings. I have a new vacuum by Bissell it is the V one without a beater bar. As I have rubber mats on a concrete floor and it works great. It also works great on the laminate upstairs and picks up oodles of dog hair.

Archived