Dragon Quilt

My daughter, Jessica, made this quilt for her BF as a Christmas present. It is her first quilt. She hand embroidered the dragon, set the blocks and I quilted it for her. I am so excited to have a quilter in the house! She has already completed her 2nd quilt which I finished quilting last night (I'll post pictures later) and she is working on her 3rd quilt.

"Jess's

"Jess's

"Jess's

Cheryl

You daughters quilt is wonderful and she hand embroidered that Dragon! Wow, that is fabulous, what a great team you two make. Cant wait to see the second one if this is only her first!! The talent on this forum just blows me away, whether they be beginners or seasoned quilters all do such amazing work!!

Jessica,

Thank you. I quilted a sashiko design in the back ground and McTavished close to the dragon. The smaller squares are just cc's.

I should mention the dragon is 2 ft tall and it took many hours (I think she lost track of just how many hours it took her to embroider, which is probably a good thing:P:o)

Cheryl your daughter did a beautiful job and this was her first!!! I have been trying to get my daughter to make another quilt, she has made one and did a wonderful job. But she is planning a fall wedding and doesn't have time.....so I am told.

Dang garnet, I just got the bruised chin healed up and there you go... my chin dropped fast, and far... bruised, again.....

Just beautiful.... What did the BF think about it, say, or do with it.. If he was just cool about it, kick him behind the hip for me. twice in fact..

You really did quite well, and beautiful embroidery and setting, colors, and your Mum's beautiful quilting.. a Winner all the way around.

Hugs, Ritar

Rita,

He loved the quilt and no one can pry it from him. In fact, that is what got him to quilting. When he came to visit at the end of December, we got him to piecing a simple quilt which he finished and I quilted it before he went home. His mom wants him to make a quilt for her.:)

Archived